MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi this is my 1st post ive got a cooper and when i pull away i can hear a clicking noise from the front right wheel sounds like maybe a relay or something?? The only other way i can describe it is like a loose piece of metal hitting something but then i would hear it all the time because i cant hear it after 1st gear!! Any ideas???

Also my seat squeaks and my dash just above my glovebox rattles its an 2002 model. What shall i do?

· Registered
540 Posts
Hi Tugboat

This sounds to me like the ABS Doing a self test at 10mph.

It makes a twanging noise which is the ABS Pump pulsating the brake calipers to check for any loss of pressure which if a loss is found would cause the ABS Warning light to come back on and stay on.

Also my seat squeaks and my dash just above my glovebox rattles its an 2002 model. What shall i do?
These are both warranty items in the first year and its down to how well you know youre dealer if they will cover the dash rattles after the first year.
The seat is a known issue and is easily cured by fitting a new seat back frame or seat base frame/rails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.