MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,
Can you please help, I'm having the following problems:
1. Randomly it clicks before starting, sometimes takes ages to start.
2. When running, put 2 or more electrical things on at once all electrical power is lost and most of the engine power as well but only for a split second.
3. After being started a couple of mins the revs drop & rise on their own.

4. No loose battery leads, battery power fine, alternator is charging, sometimes will start straight away, has always started ok but the starter motor has to run for a fews seconds before the engine kicks in properly.
5. If I disconnent an air pipe that runs to/from idle control valve it idles normally but this does not solve the electrical problem
6. Diagnostic shows no problem.

Help!!
Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi all,
Can you please help, I'm having the following problems:
1. Randomly it clicks before starting, sometimes takes ages to start.
2. When running, put 2 or more electrical things on at once all electrical power is lost and most of the engine power as well but only for a split second.
3. After being started a couple of mins the revs drop & rise on their own.

4. No loose battery leads, battery power fine, alternator is charging, sometimes will start straight away, has always started ok but the starter motor has to run for a fews seconds before the engine kicks in properly.
5. If I disconnent an air pipe that runs to/from idle control valve it idles normally but this does not solve the electrical problem
6. Diagnostic shows no problem.

Help!!
Thanks
I had a very simalar problem, total power failure, clicking on start-up. Has it just started happening when its been cold?

Mine needed a new battery. It lasted about a week being intermitently weird but finally died this weekend. The cold weather saps the power out of the battery, which then becomes fine once it has been run for a while and warmed up. As soon as I switched the battery, no more problems....but obviosuly when I drove to the shops to get the new one, I turned the engine off and couldn't get to the boot down to the electric lock! had to jump start it off the new battery to put it in haha!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts