MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen a few of these around and wondered whether anyone has actually brought/fitted one? Apparently they just clip over your original dash panels? Whats the fit like? Does it effect your dash board?

Regards

James

·
Registered
47 Posts
hi ive got the carbon dash stick on, fit isn't absolutely perfect but its pritty descent for the money!!! and genuine carbon fibre with little hastle:D, just get some good double sideed tape!!!would definately recomend it; i bought the chrome pack to just finish off the interior.

·
Registered
47 Posts
carbon

hi ive got the carbon dash stick on, fit isn't absolutely perfect but its pritty descent for the money!!! and genuine carbon fibre with little hastle:D, just get some good double sideed tape!!!would definately recomend it; i bought the chrome pack to just finish off the interior.

·
Registered
398 Posts
If the passanger airbag goes off it will just push the carbon fibre into their face, not a good idea! You can get real ones for about £180 now anyway

·
SimonSJR
263 Posts
Well, surely the original panel falls away from the day, so this should too???

I would go for the full blown real version or just not bother personally.... :eek:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Well, surely the original panel falls away from the day, so this should too???

I would go for the full blown real version or just not bother personally.... :eek:
well... as far as i know the dash doesnt just fall off, that wouldnt be quick enough, there will be a weakness built into it where it splits so the airbag can come out, as with the steering wheel

If you stick some carbon fibre over it the airbag will get through the original dash but not the carbon fibre

Maybe somone could correct me on this?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts