MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a post that it was suggested to get extra clips for the rear side panel that the rear speakers are behind, as inevitably one or 2 will break when pulling the panel. Is this the case for everyone, and if so, is the clip the same as the front door clips? I called my local Mini dealer and they said they could only find "door clips" for the door panel. Is this the same? Also, would it be the same clip as BMW would have, so I could get it at the BMW dealer which is 30 minutes closer to my house?

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
I don't know the part number ... they are yellow ;)

Every time my panels came off, some clips need replacing. Mostly they are squished from being wrongly refitted the previous time (a couple were wrong the first ever time the panels came off).

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Yellow for rear think its white for front, if you have trouble getting them I stock them but you would have to wait for airmail
as Ian says several seem to get broken when the car is built

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
ccoston said:
I read in a post that it was suggested to get extra clips for the rear side panel that the rear speakers are behind, as inevitably one or 2 will break when pulling the panel. Is this the case for everyone, and if so, is the clip the same as the front door clips? I called my local Mini dealer and they said they could only find "door clips" for the door panel. Is this the same? Also, would it be the same clip as BMW would have, so I could get it at the BMW dealer which is 30 minutes closer to my house?
They are identical to the clips used in an E36 BMW.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts