MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have got an 05 (facelift) model fitted with the Chrono pack so I have the small speedo. I cannot get my clock to appear by quickly pressing the trip switch - am I doing something wrong, I miss knowing what time it is!!

·
Cooper boy!
243 Posts
this is true paul. ive got an 05 model cooper with chrono pack and the clock is indeed in the speedo behind the steerng wheel. problem being like you said, its not dealer set, so you have to read the manual to find ouyt how to set it, quite straight forward, i sorted it out in around 5mins after some fiddling! either way its a poor place to have the clock as in the daytime you cannot see it due to the light shining through the drivers front window, my advice, wear a watch, its fine at night, but in the daytime dont try to look at it or ull try and stare and crash.

so to conclude, clock is accessed by pressing the black small stork like pusy button actually in the speedo NOT on the on board computer which is accessed by the stork control on the indicator arm to the left of the steering wheel. you have 2 options the mileage which you have done since you last reset the digi mileage clock(total mileage is in bigger digits at the top of the small ones you are shuffling through!) and the clock is the function which is next, wont be set if you picked up from the dealer which is why its blank and ppl may not realise its a clock!

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi
Thanks for this it was as Paul and ianw said. The dealer had not set the clock up at all so when I pressed the odometer button it just cleared the mileage. All sorted now and thanks for the help!

spf

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks - yes everything is great on it, only had it a week and I've done 500 miles!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
ianw12345
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing