MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the site, having just purchased my first mini which I love, however, I'm trying to track down the meaning of the following warning light combination.

Firstly it's a petrol 2009 Mini Clubman Cooper S.

Occasionally, although perhaps increasing in frequency, the following warning light combination appears. The light can come on in good/bad weather and at any speed. I can't determine any condition that results in the lights coming on, only that they're intermittent with no obvious reproducible way/environment/condition.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've read the owners manual and others online, but can't find the combination being shown to me.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
im in australia and had multible waring lights on and also steering locked warning light on,no start, and all other crap going on,this was a customers car r56 mini cooper s. firstly i had it towed to my shop.hooked up scan tool out came a lot of codes
my first step was to check no start red key lock on instrument panel,fitted an emulator to bypass elv,resetted counter all good starts runs,next found that the car had not been serviced by someone who can reset all service indicators. so here we come to your problem i hope.. first check your brake pads,they are fitted with wear senors these sensors are cheap and can be faulty,next check your fluid level,if you are sattisfied these are good,then reset your service items on the instrument panel
you can reset brake service lots of other items as well. search mini reset service indicators on the mini site here and a few guys have posted how to do.i had same lights on and did full service and replaced sensors,etc cleared service things etc all good now.
you dont need specail tool to do service items reset...
.only need for engine light and major faults ie elv counter reset etc
hope this helps a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your input. I've checked the fluid level, which is fine. My plan now is to take it to the garage which serviced it 50 miles ago. If the pads are worn then surely that's a questionable service. I'll find out tomorrow and will provide a update.

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
hiddenhippo
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing