MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend either a remapping/tuning box company for the cooperD? I've had a look at a few and it looks as if you get an extra 30bhp from a tuning box. It's not that the cooper D is slow but the the torque curve is very peaky and could do with flattening out to resemble the Cooper S curve. I used to have a skoda fabia vRS which I loved, and had remapped to 190bhp. A wide torque curve, plenty of power throughout the rev range, improved economy believe it or not, and went like stink! I'm not expecting anything near that, but a remap would get it up to the same as a standard vRS; which has better performance then the cooper D. If only BMW MINI had at least made the torque curve wider the car would be perfect. Then again the only reason to buy a cooper S would be for the exhaust note in that case!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I'm off to Wolverhampton in 10 days (and counting) for P-torque to sort out my Cooper D. Will Spooner promises a win-win of higher BHP and better fuel economy!

I have three options
1. Extra 28 bhp performance tune - may give an extra 3 mpg
2. Econotune with an extra 10-15 mpg but up to 7 mpg extra

3. tuning with dyno testing, for an extra £45

I think the Dooper is economical enough so will almost certainly go for option 1 plus some dyno testing for added interest.

I have informed my insurance company who only want an extra £40. The only slight worry is whether BMW will spot the tuning at my next service and make a fuss. I have had the car serviced this week so am about 12,000 miles and 9 months away from my next visit to the BMW garage.

As far as I can see, the Cooper D is the most desirable low-CO2 output car available. Hopefully the tuning will make it even more fun to drive.

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
I'm off to Wolverhampton in 10 days (and counting) for P-torque to sort out my Cooper D. Will Spooner promises a win-win of higher BHP and better fuel economy!

I have three options

I think the Dooper is economical enough so will almost certainly go for option 1 plus some dyno testing for added interest.

I have informed my insurance company who only want an extra £40. The only slight worry is whether BMW will spot the tuning at my next service and make a fuss. I have had the car serviced this week so am about 12,000 miles and 9 months away from my next visit to the BMW garage.

As far as I can see, the Cooper D is the most desirable low-CO2 output car available. Hopefully the tuning will make it even more fun to drive.
Hey pbarclay, according to me the 10 days of waiting is over :confused:

Did you get this done? Are you happy? Does she fly like the wind?

·
Registered
140 Posts

I have three options

s far as I can see, the Cooper D is the most desirable low-CO2 output car available. Hopefully the tuning will make it even more fun to drive.

How did you get on? I thought doing stuff like that voids your warranty?? If it's all good then it's something worth doing!

How much are you paying for option 1??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts