MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, Hi everyone :)

I've just ordered a new clubman diesel with chili and vis packs and will hopefully pick it up next weekend. It's in pure silver with black roof, mirrors and c-pillars.

Got a great deal on it with scrappage discount and got a chunk off from buying an unregistered stock car, rather than made to order :D

Anyway, it's not my normal choice of car as I'd usually go for a big engined auto barge tow car or revvy rwd coupe, but company policy dictates an eco-friendly car, so here I am.

After looking at all of the options out there, the clubman really caught my eye, so I arranged a test drive. After about 100 yards I was sold. It reminded me how much fun little, low powered cars can be :)

Looking forward to picking it up on Saturday and spending the day hooning around the country back roads before it goes to work on the daily grind into London.

The plans for it so far are to get rid of the run-flats when they wear out and to get a DMS remap. I expect it'll be a year until either though, so will be in standard trim until then.

I'll stick some pic's up when it arrives :)

Cheers

Paul

·
Tc
26 Posts
I ordered my Diesel around the same time. Got it on 24th July.

Where about in Essex are you? I'm in Chelmsford.

Im finding the more I drive it the more I enjoy it. it takes a while to get used to the gears and cornering. I think there is a decent bit of pull available to. I think I've surprised a few drivers with the acceleration! i love taking those corners among the Essex Countryside!

Tc

1 - 2 of 2 Posts