MINI Cooper Forum banner

261 - 280 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
To the work shop

My MCS Clubbie goes in on the 2nd. of Feb.

These are the issues:
1. Cold start racket in engine. Diagnose and hopefully fix
2. Club door creak
3. Club door handle broken
4. No ‘juice’ in dash board cigarette lighter
5. Door opener on pass. side very ‘hard’ to open. My partner can´t open it - feels locked, but isn´t.

They are keeping it until Wed. the 4th. and have promised me a loaner. Probably not a MINI.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Anyone else...

...get a "plonking" sound from the sunroof(?) in the rain - or when it has been damp/snow etc.- when you put the fan on full speed, or open the window slightly???

Hard to describe the noise, but it´s like the "vacum noise" you get when pouring liquid from a bottle.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anybody noticed that their start stop function stops sometimes, and the only way to get it working again is to turn it off then back on again?

·
IJ 2009 - Team 81
3,223 Posts
Has anybody noticed that their start stop function stops sometimes, and the only way to get it working again is to turn it off then back on again?
For the stop start to work there are a number of criteria that need to be met. If any one of these dozen things is missing the stop start won't work. The favourite this time of year is that the temperature is below 3 degrees. Read the manual.

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
...get a "plonking" sound from the sunroof(?) in the rain - or when it has been damp/snow etc.- when you put the fan on full speed, or open the window slightly???

Hard to describe the noise, but it´s like the "vacum noise" you get when pouring liquid from a bottle.
Fascinating! We get our Clubman with sunroof ina few weeks time - will be listening very hard for this noise!

·
Registered
16 Posts
For the stop start to work there are a number of criteria that need to be met. If any one of these dozen things is missing the stop start won't work. The favourite this time of year is that the temperature is below 3 degrees. Read the manual.

Oh... Ok, well that makes sense. Fair enough.

·
Never to old to have fun
320 Posts
Hey guess what guys ;)

I got my car back today - only in for 2 weeks this time, although this was the 4th time in 4 months
:D

It was all ok driving home but will need to give it a run in the next couple days or the weekend :cool:

Fingers crossed :nice::biggrin::nice:
What can I say :(

2 days back & noise from back & buzzing from front :mad:

Looks like yet another trip to the dealer :rolleyes:

This will be 5th time in less than 4 months and I'm totally fed up now :angry:

Anyone got any ideas what i should do :puzzled:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I am sorry for you all. Thankfully, knock on wood and praising the heavens...my 2009 is in good shape.

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
You could buy a Honda Civic/Toyota Auris etc which would more than likely be completely hassle free, but after 5 days in it you would wish something would go wrong with it so you could hand it back to the dealer!

·
Never to old to have fun
320 Posts
Something interesting was said to me yesterday :(

I was in the garage for the 5th time with rattles/buzzing noises etc and the Technical Manager came out in the car with me to listen :confused:

He told me that they have had loads of rattle/noise problems with the Clubman that haven't been present on the Hatchback :confused:

So how is the Clubman built so diffent that there are all these problems is my question :aargh:

So it seems Mini are aware, one of there Technical guys is coming to see mine on wednesday :rolleyes:

I wait with baited breath ;)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Something interesting was said to me yesterday :(

I was in the garage for the 5th time with rattles/buzzing noises etc and the Technical Manager came out in the car with me to listen :confused:

He told me that they have had loads of rattle/noise problems with the Clubman that haven't been present on the Hatchback :confused:

So how is the Clubman built so diffent that there are all these problems is my question :aargh:

So it seems Mini are aware, one of there Technical guys is coming to see mine on wednesday :rolleyes:

I wait with baited breath ;)
I don't have too many rattle problems - other things have gone wrong but then my cars isn't two months old yet!

I don't know if the presence of the clubdoor makes a difference? When I close the driver's door on our hatch, it closes with a fairly solid clunk but on the clubbie it tends to rattle a bit. I actually went into my local dealers and opened the door on all of their clubmans and they all did the same so I didn't take it any further.

Also noticed that the driver's side window accumulates a lot of grime that the hatch doesn't seem to - especially in the weather we've had lately where I'm also using the washer jets. What's worse is that although there doesn't seem to be a leak in the window seal as such, I seem to be getting a build of of dirt on the inside of the window as well. Anybody else noticed this? And if I assume that the front of the hatch and the clubman are the same, why am I only getting them on my clubman?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Rear doors

My rear door handle has now packed in too. The switch/botton is stone dead. Won´t open with on key either. Anyone with same problem?

As my clubdoor handle is broken too, the rear of the cabin is now an out-of-bouds-area, VERY irritating. :angry:

·
Never to old to have fun
320 Posts
I don't have too many rattle problems - other things have gone wrong but then my cars isn't two months old yet!

I don't know if the presence of the clubdoor makes a difference? When I close the driver's door on our hatch, it closes with a fairly solid clunk but on the clubbie it tends to rattle a bit. I actually went into my local dealers and opened the door on all of their clubmans and they all did the same so I didn't take it any further.

Also noticed that the driver's side window accumulates a lot of grime that the hatch doesn't seem to - especially in the weather we've had lately where I'm also using the washer jets. What's worse is that although there doesn't seem to be a leak in the window seal as such, I seem to be getting a build of of dirt on the inside of the window as well. Anybody else noticed this? And if I assume that the front of the hatch and the clubman are the same, why am I only getting them on my clubman?

My drivers door is the same now I think about it, I have told the garage it's harder to close than the passenger side - I must follow this up.

I also get the grime on the inside of both front windows, no idea why!!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Thanks for that Davyboy - thought it was just me being fussy! Think my dealer's a bit tired of seeing me these days. Now that I've bought two Minis, I'm only there when there's a problem - been to see them too many times over the last 2 months!

Next time something goes wrong, I'll mention the window grime. Either that or at the cabrio launch, whichever comes first!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Bongs and squeeks

I do think the three bongs may be accompanied by a snowflake on the led readout indicating that it is cold outside and some surfaces may be icy.

Another problem: 2008 Clubman with a noise in the general area of the rear passenger wheel that goes from squeek to rattle. Been in 4 times. They have tightened up stuff in the rear door, added padding to the back seat catch and replaced the rear sway bar bushings. Still squeeky. Any thoughts?

261 - 280 of 280 Posts