MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
aka The Dogfather
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone bought one of these?

I popped into my local dealership to ask about the cover but they weren't able to give me much information. I was thinking of getting one to protect the car from dog hairs. The dogs go in cages but they still manage to drop hairs and sand into the carpet.

£125 is a lot of money for some nylon sheeting even if its top quality gear. Is it worth anywhere near what BMW charge?

·
Registered
191 Posts
If you're talking about the US-equiv "trunk protection" then I have one on order - for the same reason as you. The cost is.... $250 or so US. You can order them aftermarket but they are just the BMW part but more expensive (e.g. MiniMania).

·
Astro Black Clooper
45 Posts
I've got one on order from my local dealers, I've been waiting for two months now and they still reckon it will not arrive until the end of this month / early July :mad:

Starting to wish I got the roof bars instead now, not that these would help with a dog :biggrin:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought the rear area cover (checkerboard in front) the day I picked Otto up in February. It has been in the back since day one. I love it as it keeps everything protected. It uses suction cups on the windows so nothing is damaged.
I took my sister's Australian Terrier to be boarded today and he loved it. The barrier across the front seats kept him happy in back and he could still stand up and look out the front window. It worked well with my Greyhounds too. So much easier than trying to get hair out of carpet.

I don't keep the back section up as I have stuff to put in and take out a lot from the rear doors. I don't regret paying the price for it. It is very well made and fits perfectly.:D

·
Registered
70 Posts
Has anyone bought one of these?

I popped into my local dealership to ask about the cover but they weren't able to give me much information. I was thinking of getting one to protect the car from dog hairs. The dogs go in cages but they still manage to drop hairs and sand into the carpet.

£125 is a lot of money for some nylon sheeting even if its top quality gear. Is it worth anywhere near what BMW charge?
Hi I think its just the over inflated price BMW charge for anything:(:(:(
Barry

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
I'm trying to get one aswell of Derek Woodmans one of the mini2 sponsers I think it was £109.50 including postage. The dealership are having problems with the supplier, and it is ment to be resolved at the end of the month.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
If any of you are interested and these are for dogs - as opposed to lumber, etc., and you want them to look great and be well made, this company is supposed to be very good. I have not purchased anything from them, but have seen some of their car seat covers for dogs and they're very well made: Pooch Style Car Mats | Stylish custom-made products for your dog

·
Astro Black Clooper
45 Posts
still on back order as well, it seems BMW are having 'problems' with the supplier of the cover, which means it may be some time (if ever) before they reappear in stock.

In the meantime i just got some garden pondliner from B&Q, all I need to do now is trim it to fit the boot. Smells a bit of plastic, but it keeps the car clean ;)

·
Registered
191 Posts
:lol: I just called my dealership asking about the status of mine and they told me my order was cancelled 2 months ago! Anyway I was told that for the US there are 27 on national backorder with no ETA. Even MiniMania lists it as "no longer available"

·
Registered
1,851 Posts

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
But they make a cargo style mat - definitely for the seats down for the Clubman: MINI Cooper Clubman - Car Mats - Pooch Style Hey, with the way our dollars' value is, it's probably a steal for you all overseas!:biggrin:

Disclaimer - I do not own one, but some of my best MINI friends do.:p

·
Registered
191 Posts
I noticed today that MiniMania now sells a VERY SIMILAR cover:

PET CARGO MAT W/ SEAT BACK & BUMPER FLAP - MINI CO - MiniMania.com

That said, it is similar in design to the OEM version but appears to be padded for "comfort". It also sells for $330, which is the same price they were selling the OEM version for (the OEM version from MINI is priced at $280).

It seems to me that these are very easy to make and are hardly worth $330. I REALLY WISH I could get an OEM one as they seem to be better at protection (particularly water).

Could someone that actually has an OEM version in their hands measure it & take pictures? Id imagine that it's simply a square floor (not contoured) floor piece with 3 sides and a large flap to stick out the boot.

·
Astro Black Clooper
45 Posts
Got a phone call from my local dealer, seems the cover has finally arrived.

Will probably pick it up over the weekend.

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
My cover has been sent finally and should get it tomorrow. The dealer said he got two and they are on back order again. What are the suppliers doing

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hey! I got home today and saw a message on my machine (from yesterday - my wife probably listened to it already) - from the BMW dealer telling me that my cover had FINALLY come in! Too bad I didn't get the message until today @ 6 PM when the parts dept is CLOSED for the weekend :(

Ahh well - it's Sept and I ordered the cover in early May - only 4 months!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts