MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my mum is needing a new car that does lots of MPG and is fun to drive, Both me and my dad said about a clubman, So working together we worked out a spec what is

Cooper D clubman
Lightning Blue
Silver roof and C pillers
Pace Spokes
Chili pack
Pacific Blue leather
Pacific Blue colour line
panio black dash
Silver bonnet stripes
muti fun steering wheel
darkened rear glass
anthracite roof lining
sports button
2 rear seats
Aerodnamic body kit
visibility pack (rain and lights auto on)
bi-xenon head lights
pdc
spot lights

thats about it i think

is that a good spec car is there any thing that we should take away or add ?

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Thats a very good spec!!

MFSW, 17s, PDC - Perfect :D:D

Only thing I can think of is possibly the white lenses, but some people prefer the orange ones, so its each to their own on that one!! :)

·
Oh good grief!
5,277 Posts
I'd go for the 3 seat option, not a lot of difference, no extra cost, but there if you need it. ;)

I didn't go for the anthracite roof, mainly because if you don't spec the sunroof it's a large area of black above your head in a clubman that can make the interior feel less spacious! ;)

PDC, don't be fooled into thinking you need this, all round visability in the clubman is nowhere near as bad as some have made out. ;)

Sport Button, again I didn't bother. For £90 I don't think it makes a great deal of difference on this model! Some will argue different!

MFSW is a deffo must, I wouldn't be without it! :D

Xenons a must if not expensive but loads better than standard lights which are quite poor. We were not going to bother speccing these on our clubby and just swap the bulbs for better quality white ones. But in the end we just decided to treat ourselves! :smile:

As Ollie says get white lenses too!

Aerodnamic body kit, ooh I wonder where you saw that on a clubman! :p

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You get the chrome sides with the kit so im guessing they come with whites !!

I liked your car with it and dad like the motorshow car !!

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
I'd go for the 3 seat option, not a lot of difference, no extra cost, but there if you need it. ;)
Only an observation........but the middle seat has a restricted weight limit legally applied to it, so only really good for a little'un......and I found that kiddy seats didn't fit as well on the 3 seat as they did on the 2 seat....may not interest the 1st line owner, but it might when it comes to resale......just a thought??

I didn't go for the anthracite roof, mainly because if you don't spec the sunroof it's a large area of black above your head in a clubman that can make the interior feel less spacious! ;)
I didn't either...and I don't regret this.

PDC, don't be fooled into thinking you need this, all round visability in the clubman is nowhere near as bad as some have made out. ;)
I have this for when the wife borrows it ;)

Sport Button, again I didn't bother. For £90 I don't think it makes a great deal of difference on this model! Some will argue different!
I have this......I can feel the difference in throttle and steering, but I would not argue strongly with you :)

MFSW is a deffo must, I wouldn't be without it! :D
AGREED!!!!

Xenons a must if not expensive but loads better than standard lights which are quite poor. We were not going to bother speccing these on our clubby and just swap the bulbs for better quality white ones. But in the end we just decided to treat ourselves! :smile:
Initially I spec'd without.....then treated myself also ;) They are awesome, but also look the nuts when turned off.....the bulb in a big housing appearance of the normal lights lets the front down a little IMHO :eek:

As Ollie says get white lenses too!
Deffo :p

Aerodnamic body kit, ooh I wonder where you saw that on a clubman! :p
Is this generally considered to be a good look then?? :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

I also added hi-fi speaker pack which isn't too bad for the cost and a detachable tow bar for the cycle rack (and small logging trailer in the winter......cost of fuel and all that:rolleyes:)

The only thing that I think I would definately change on your spec is the inclusion of the factory bonnet stripes...........I would want something a little more "personal"...but again, this is a small point.

·
the trappy one!
22 Posts
I have this for when the wife borrows it ;)
Have to say, reversing in this car is Sooooo..... easy

Having driven a fair few cars in my time, including a couple of MINIs this has to be the easiest car to reverse of them all. Not sure what it is but it just works!

And Not sure i like what your inferring but a bet there's a couple of women drivers on this forum that wouldn't appreciate your comments.

·
Back In A Clubman 23yr On
194 Posts
And Not sure i like what your inferring but a bet there's a couple of women drivers on this forum that wouldn't appreciate your comments.
It's humour.......hence the wink smilie :redface:

Absolutely no offence intended to you or any other woman on here......anti-male banter is more than welcomed by this poster.

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would change the bonnet stripes but as the car would be for mum no point as she wont let me drive it :( lol

So change the headlining and get rid of the sports button

·
Clubman 'S' Power
343 Posts
I would change the bonnet stripes but as the car would be for mum no point as she wont let me drive it :( lol

So change the headlining and get rid of the sports button
Does your Mam have a say in this clubman or it just turns up and she drives it:D

·
Cyber Police
9,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Im trying to make it so she turns up and drives it, then il borrow it :p, she said we could part ex mine for it :eek: i dont think so !

·
Astro Black Clooper
45 Posts
Howdy,

I'd ditch the anthracite lining and swap it for the chromeline interior upgrade, it makes a big difference to the finish of the car and it is a must if you have the piano trim.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
8 Participants
kalexan
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing