MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
pick her up tomorrow - so excited!

Anything I should be looking out for on pickup except for transport damage?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Just take your time so that the sales person can explain all the features that will be new to you. And, from experience, check that your DAB works. (The aerial connection is the likely problem if it doesn't so don't be put off by any claim that the signal is poor locally as mine now works fine, even inside a brick garage.)

And, DON'T BEND IT.;);)

·
over the hill but ......
17 Posts
Matt FT

I have the DAB radio and have to say I am dissappointed. This is more to do with the unit losing the signal or struggles to get a signal (I live in London area). The sound is obviously much better that the FM radio and there are some great channels.

When ever I turn the unit on, it takes up to 5 minutes for the unit to find the stations. it seems the unit needs to log on to the signal or something like that

So I think you are better spending the money on something else

Serge

·
Registered
543 Posts
Matt FT

I have the DAB radio and have to say I am dissappointed. This is more to do with the unit losing the signal or struggles to get a signal (I live in London area). The sound is obviously much better that the FM radio and there are some great channels.

When ever I turn the unit on, it takes up to 5 minutes for the unit to find the stations. it seems the unit needs to log on to the signal or something like that

So I think you are better spending the money on something else

Serge
I've only ever had one momentary drop-out, cruising down the M1, and mine logs in within a second even inside the garage so I'm sorry you don't share my enthusiasm for DAB.

But I think you need the hi-fi upgrade to get the full benefit so Matt was probably right to swap if it was a case of one or the other.

·
over the hill but ......
17 Posts
It definately looks like I have a problem with my DAB as it also loses the signal in built up areas (similar sound when you lose your satelite feed) so will go back to the dealership. I do appreciate the better sound quality though.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
picked her up yesterday.

WOW! She's a lot of fun. Coming from a R50 MCS, the power delivery is very differrent. Pepper white/black growing on me. Love the sports button and anth. roof and piano black interior works really well.

Pics to follow as soon as it stops raining.

Next - off to Phil to get Vipers. Question is, to pinstripe or not to pinstripe!

·
over the hill but ......
17 Posts
Stripes are definately the order of the day

black viper stripes on a pepper white car look fantastic

Have fun

Serge

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
About this Discussion
36 Replies
14 Participants
NickyJ
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing