MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a fan of the new Mini Clubman S look. 4 doors is very tame/family-ish and the bulging rounded rear barn doors have made it look bloated. I love my 2012 Clubman S, its styling and 2-1/4 door panel look. Anyone else not in love with the new Clubman look? I hope Mini brings back the classic style again someday. If not, I may end up going with the standard Mini S.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I'm not a fan of the new Minis at all, I feel MINI are loosing their focus and the car is getting bigger with every new model

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Much prefer the Old Clubman Look .The New Minis are to big and the clubman now looks like a boring family car .
Completely agree. The more I look at the new Clubman the more I dislike it. BMW have really messed the design up and blew it all out of proportion I feel, there was nothing wrong with the old design or size in my opinion!

·
Registered
406 Posts
The latest MINIs (the F56 hatch onwards) are too ugly. The 3 door hatch too big, the 5 door ridiculous, and they ruined the clubman by making it massive and ugly. I'll keep my R53 for a long time, but when my day to day driver - a R60 Countryman comes up for replacement, I might have to go to a different brand as I suspect the impending new Countryman will also be larger and fugly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
But on the other hand, they are tapping into a new market segment. Minis have been too inconvenient as a daily drive before or for the main family car. With the new Clubman and Countryman they are big enough. :)

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
If this is the way mini is going with their design then the minis I currently have will be my last ones and will not be replaced.

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
But on the other hand, they are tapping into a new market segment. Minis have been too inconvenient as a daily drive before or for the main family car. With the new Clubman and Countryman they are big enough. :)

Mini means small, the family requirement should of been kept for the 3 and 5 series BMWs

The r50 and r53 are the only minis I will own.

mini means small not ****ing enormous

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mini means small the family requirement should of been kept for the 3 and 5 series BMWs

The r50 and r53 are the only minis I will own.

mini means small not ****ing enormous

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Exactly. BMW have already made a mess of their car range with there "a car for everyone" approach, leave MINI alone. Stop making them bigger and rethink the new styling.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Agreed in parts, just been out on the R52 soft top and it's more fun and chuckable than the new Clubman and the dash is tidier. Having said that for a small exec car you need the toys :)

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
The F series minis are just rebodied BMW one series anyway and there is nothing mini about them apart from the badge ....

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
And that's all it is. You only need to look at the R56 to see how pish a car it is....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
7 Participants
SeanC
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing