MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I am looking at a 5 plate Cooper and having taken it for a drive have noticed that it is a bit noisy/clunky whne driving; could this be the anti roll rubber or worse? TY Gaz

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Could be anything drop links
Arb bushes

Worn track rod end

Track control arm ball joint worn.

It's hard to tell unless you pull the wheel of and have a butchers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
I've got the strut top mounts to do on my R50 as it has a wee tiny clunk on the front right shocky but will do it when I can be bothered. The car has been sat parked up in the garage for the last 7 weeks doing hee haw so there's no rush lol

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
I've got the strut top mounts to do on my R50 as it has a wee tiny clunk on the front right shocky but will do it when I can be bothered. The car has been sat parked up in the garage for the last 7 weeks doing hee haw so there's no rush lol

Charlie wants them done now

If you don't he will get upset

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Charlie wants them done now

If you don't he will get upset

Cha is just the reserve car Henry and only really sees action if any of the Dooper's are receiving maintenance or if he's loaned out as a courtesy car. He barely covered 3000 miles last year between mot's. He's only really been on the road for 3 months this year to cover for Hamish when he was away getting his warranty work done at bmw

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Cha is just the reserve car Henry and only really sees action if any of the Dooper's are receiving maintenance or if he's loaned out as a courtesy car. He barely covered 3000 miles last year between mot's. He's only really been on the road for 3 months this year to cover for Hamish when he was away getting his warranty work done at bmw

My mini sid has been pulled off the road after developing a knock when cold

Hoping it's the guide rails

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Have you checked the tensioner? (Chain)

Replaced the tensioner 3 days ago still no change, I will pull the valve cover to replace the guide rails as a precaution

I will make a video in a day or two so you can hear it

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
A new set of followers lol. Pull the cover off and give it a good inspection

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
A new set of followers lol. Pull the cover off and give it a good inspection

i was thinking about the guide rails, if it were them that are faulty wouldnt the noise be constant? coz it disappears after 40seconds ::smile::

1 - 17 of 17 Posts