MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
lost in the ozone again
3,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have a july build 2002 MCS(15%pulley,CAI,SS,rear sway bar) and I have lately had the impression that my clutch,with just under 42,000 miles is beginning to die.I am a spirited driver, but I have always been conscious of things like riding the clutch pedal (one of my honda civics,of 4, had 155,000 miles on the original clutch).At the same time, I have never had a car with this much power, either. What are people getting for mileage out of their clutches? The first clue was a low groan when pulling into traffic up an incline,coupled with a slight shudder.The clutch seems to engage a little lower, too.Also, I have heard mostly negative comments on heavy duty "racing" clutch replacements, mostly in the form of "God, I wish I hadn't put THAT in"; excessive pedal pressure, etc.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.What's this going to cost if it's truely in need of replacement? Thanks, Jock

·
Registered
301 Posts
Clutch noise

Check out the clutch noise information in the Faults & fixes forum. I have a 2002 also and have reported the noise.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.