MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CORSA VXR SLAYER
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have had my 2008 R56 Cooper S for around 2 months now and i am loving every minute of ownership so far...however...the past week or so a few problems have arisen.

Firstly, i have noticed a strange noise when pressing down on the clutch and releasing it again. This noise does not occur when the clutch has not been used for a while, however, after a longish journey and after using the clutch quite a few times, when the clutch is depressed and lifted up again there is a clicking noise. When the car door is opened the noise is louder and comes directly from the clutch area. I actually had this same noise on my old Fiat Punto and Fiat never managed to solve the problem. That car had a new clutch and a new slave cylinder to try and cure the problem, and it did cure it for a matter of weeks..before the noise returned. Has anyone else had any experience of this???

Also, occasionally a warning light comes on the dash to tell me that an exterior bulb has packed in. It doesnt come on all the time, just now and again. I have checked every single exterior bulb with my dad on numerous occassions and all seems well...could this just be a dodgy connection somewhere causing the warning light to come on??

I also have the cold start noise issue...but that is another problem entirely.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers
Rob

·
Mini Design Philosopher
1,028 Posts
Mine creaks a bit and is noticeable with the door open. Let your dealer know your concerns - in my experience BMW dealers are very good over clutches and many are replaced under warranty no questions asked.

·
Noob
247 Posts
Mine creaks a bit and is noticeable with the door open. Let your dealer know your concerns - in my experience BMW dealers are very good over clutches and many are replaced under warranty no questions asked.
I have a squeaky clutch! I think I need to just oil it or something. Have mine booked in for service next week, so I have to remember to tell them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts