MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past week iv been having trouble with my clutch,
it has less power when i set off, and when i have if the heaters are on that horrible burning smell comes through like if i have just done a dumped the clutch and wheel spun.
i did a test on my drive as its slopped and just had it on biting point so it would stay still and your could here a groaning every 2 or so seconds and the car would roll forward.
im really concerned as know the engine has to be taken out and will cost a fortune.
anyone have similar issues or clutch failure and can shine a light this for me?
cheers.

·
Registered
5,858 Posts
The clutch can be replaced leaving the engine in situ by removing the gearbox. A good independant garage will be much cheaper than BMW if it is confirmed as the actual clutch assembly at fault.
Xpart have just started to service and repair MINI's and may be worth a call if local to you. :)
XPart - AutoService centres

·
JCW 210 apparently not!
516 Posts
clutch labour is about £350 at other garages and a new clutch wil cost £100 - £200 and as stated you only drop the gear box as with most cars. infact there is someone in solihull who does a clutch change for the above costs and solihull mini does a clutch replacement for £450 including labour

Thats what I got quoted one month ago

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
clutch labour is about £350 at other garages and a new clutch wil cost £100 - £200 and as stated you only drop the gear box as with most cars. infact there is someone in solihull who does a clutch change for the above costs and solihull mini does a clutch replacement for £450 including labour

Thats what I got quoted one month ago
The clutch can be replaced leaving the engine in situ by removing the gearbox. A good independant garage will be much cheaper than BMW if it is confirmed as the actual clutch assembly at fault.
Xpart have just started to service and repair MINI's and may be worth a call if local to you. :)
XPart - AutoService centres
ahh cheers guys, well iv been looking on Lohen's site and might buy the uprated clutch as i have 2 get the work done, but yhh il have a look at the places you both mentioned cheers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts