MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys been a owner of minis for a while driving a 2002 mini cooper r50 with 116500 on clock well maintained and recon Midlands gearbox. just done a long trip in car 110 miles no problems at all but went out for a spin and 5th popped out when driving thought it was me then couple miles later was hard to select all gear really hard to shove it in gear now after parking up wanted to go and pop it in to a machanic freind and it won't move it seems to be stuck in one and take foot off clutch and doesn't go anywhere.. If I turn engine off I can select gears without clutch pedal pressed
I've been told its the gear selector on top of gearbox or broken links
Or gearbox. Or clutch.. where do I start
Thanks steve18

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update not gear selector.. Taking gearbox out tommorow see wots going on... Just out of curiosity does the gertram 5 speed fit on to my mini with out any modifications

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, have the same problem with my R50 with 83,000 on tbe clock. Mine is currently at the repair garage and hopefully should get an update from them on monday. Had to have it towed there.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hiya, check the fork arm ,for any cracks / splits , when you have got the box out,, BMW want £100= for new fork arm , flee bay £38 if you shop around , Don't forget new driveshaft/gearbox seals , as I found out lol,,
hope this is of help,, cheers mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys been a owner of minis for a while driving a 2002 mini cooper r50 with 116500 on clock well maintained and recon Midlands gearbox. just done a long trip in car 110 miles no problems at all but went out for a spin and 5th popped out when driving thought it was me then couple miles later was hard to select all gear really hard to shove it in gear now after parking up wanted to go and pop it in to a machanic freind and it won't move it seems to be stuck in one and take foot off clutch and doesn't go anywhere.. If I turn engine off I can select gears without clutch pedal pressed
I've been told its the gear selector on top of gearbox or broken links
Or gearbox. Or clutch.. where do I start
Thanks steve18
What was the problem in the end? This happened to my dad's 2001 cooper lastnight on the motorway, couldn't roll and couldn't change gear. Trying to set off would stall it. Sounds like the same problem. 🙄 Thanks Chris.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts