MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We purchased a 2011 Mini Clubman SD a month ago from a dealer with 57,000 on the clock and the clutch has gone. Is this the life expactancy of a clutch as I now appear to be faced with a £1,600 bill to have it fixed. The 3 month RAC "Gold" warranty offered when purchased is next to useless as it doesn't cover wear and tear but obviously we haven't burnt out the clutch in a month and 500 miles of use !!

· Registered
591 Posts
The seller should be contacted and you could make a case under the 'consumers rights act' in the UK that one month is unreasonable. Although it is possible to wear out a clutch in a few days with poor technique if you discuss that the driver has experience and has not had previous clutch issues you could find the seller offers to rectify the failed clutch. Wear and tear is never covered as you have found out, but the dealer has sold you a vehicle that has failed through no fault of yours. You don't ask you don't get is my motto... If you get no satisfaction then try the ombudsman. Link

· Registered
13,579 Posts
50-60.000 miles on a car driven only around a city is about t these days all the european stuff use very thin centre plates etc, also if you lived on a hill or everytime you park car it means start stops on a hills this all takes its toll and early wear on them, motorway mainly car could do 150k but chances are the flywheel will fail, you might and prob will find your flywheel is worn as well, would get private garage to fit a clutch get better price if paying for it your self, also can have choices on clutch kits ie calder clutches do recon unit and my view is they are better than the cheap robot made OM ones and cheaper,

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.