MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have R 57, 2009 and purchased bimmercode (obdII adapter is Vepeack Blu, which was recommended by bimmercode). So i was expecting to be able to diagnose errors with that app (new to car coding and diagnostics..) so I was surprised that for about 29$ you only get the coding options. Now, I'm looking for cost effective way to get also app to diagnose the Mini (bimmerlink is another 30$).Is there any free app. that i can use, or is it better just to buy the bimmerlink?
Second: I have tried coding the comfort access: key fob closing: which to my surprise was not successful. I manage to get the other functions (windows lowering when opening the car, welcome lights when pressing twice the luggage button on the key, etc). Is this function available for all the Mini's or it is disabled, do i need to use expert mode for this? I will appreciate some help with this.
Can you all also post what coding have you done to your mini? I'm learning and wish to see what other have done. I'm sure there is much more for me to improve, but so far I was not able to find articles or videos specifically for Mini. There is lots for BMW but that is not really the same.
I also tried to code the folding mirror on locking and unlocking and the right mirror tilting when on reverse (that is signature BMW mirror function to help when reversing, which i love as we have also BMW 4th series and i wanted to get it active on the mini) , but that was not successful (i do have power folding mirrors, but the instructions said the the mirror have to be connected to LIN bus in the car. What is that and can i do it or the car have to be made this way?)
I'm also curious to know all the lighting options, there are so many. What are US or EU additional lights?
Please shear your coding experience and advises.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have R 57, 2009 and purchased bimmercode (obdII adapter is Vepeack Blu, which was recommended by bimmercode). So i was expecting to be able to diagnose errors with that app (new to car coding and diagnostics..) so I was surprised that for about 29$ you only get the coding options. Now, I'm looking for cost effective way to get also app to diagnose the Mini (bimmerlink is another 30$).Is there any free app. that i can use, or is it better just to buy the bimmerlink?
Second: I have tried coding the comfort access: key fob closing: which to my surprise was not successful. I manage to get the other functions (windows lowering when opening the car, welcome lights when pressing twice the luggage button on the key, etc). Is this function available for all the Mini's or it is disabled, do i need to use expert mode for this? I will appreciate some help with this.
Can you all also post what coding have you done to your mini? I'm learning and wish to see what other have done. I'm sure there is much more for me to improve, but so far I was not able to find articles or videos specifically for Mini. There is lots for BMW but that is not really the same.
I also tried to code the folding mirror on locking and unlocking and the right mirror tilting when on reverse (that is signature BMW mirror function to help when reversing, which i love as we have also BMW 4th series and i wanted to get it active on the mini) , but that was not successful (i do have power folding mirrors, but the instructions said the the mirror have to be connected to LIN bus in the car. What is that and can i do it or the car have to be made this way?)
I'm also curious to know all the lighting options, there are so many. What are US or EU additional lights?
Please shear your coding experience and advises.
Hello Komodeno,

Thier are a lot of options out their and they range from cheap to outragious. For me the cheapest to do both would be to go onto ebay and get yourself one of the inpa cables which comes with like 5 disc's which have all the programs to do what you are looking for. this option is like $20 bucks. Those posts often get deleated though as it violates the copyright laws on ebay, so you got to be fast when ordering and make sure to check their feedback and amount of products previously sold to be safe and try to ensure its not a scam. I have ordered these and they work pretty great for the price, but you do need to be a little technical to work with these programs, they are not straight forward gui systems. For diagnostics I own two seprate units. (1) is the Icarsoft (BMW) this is a down to earth unit and at first I thought it was not that great at ($139.00), but after I bought the Carly unit which was bluetooth, I found it at first to be great, you could code and it works great for that, and do diagnostics, and the one thing it could do my icarsoft could not is make reports and print which I love ($79 for the carly adapter & $69 per year online subscription.), but after awhile I found that the Carly could not clear faults and that it kepts showing massive faults where as the icarsoft would clear andonly showed what was actually happening at that point in time, so in the end simpler is better for the most part for each of the things you really want to do. So as you can see its really up to your personal preferance which is better for you. The carly for coding was awesome, but the icarsoft for diagnostic was the better choice for me. The cable and software is also really good and does let you do both things, but you need to do a lot of homework in order to understand it. I hope this helps you good sir.

Sincerely, Mike.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts