MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help,

Looking at fitting coilvers to my GP so need some advise , tried searching threads for information but got nothing .

would like to know what other users have fitted to there GP's ,What coilovers suit the car best and so on.......

MiniPaul...

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
not a GP, but i decided on Bilsteins, proven product, fitted OEM on quite a few top end cars and have very good reliability.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not a GP, but i decided on Bilsteins, proven product, fitted OEM on quite a few top end cars and have very good reliability.
Ant FR,

cheers for the reply .

Are they fitted to a S and what bilsteins did you go for and at what price .

MiniPaul...

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
just spend a little time on you-tube looking at the videos there

here is a Porsche 996 Carrera POC record;)

btw.... my car was driven to the track with air conditioning and all the creature comforts and driven home again;)

I can guarantee you there has not been a faster car on the track than mine that is 100% street car and the driver only having 5 track days:aargh:

I have beaten world cup drivers around this track in race prepped Mini's running my daily driver

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Sorry, but videos of a car with coilovers is pointless as one needs to drive the car to see how it feels. :rolleyes:

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
if a pictures worth a thousand words, what price a movie ;)

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
Sorry, but videos of a car with coilovers is pointless as one needs to drive the car to see how it feels. :rolleyes:
so glad to hear the adult movie industry has not taken up your suggestion
and i will continue in my support of their twin air bag concept,
even if entirely based on video evidence ;)

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
so glad to hear the adult movie industry has not taken up your suggestion
and i will continue in my support of their twin air bag concept,
even if entirely based on video evidence ;)
So you would buy coilovers based solely on video? If that is the case, I have some ocean front property in Arizona for sale and I am sure that I could dig up some video for you.... :p

The point of coilovers are to improve handling How does a video tell you anything other than WOW, that is a cool track!

Don't get me wrong, I think that Cross are very nice and will work well, but you can't video shop for suspension parts. :rolleyes:

·
dyno-mite, might not....
1,037 Posts
tbf i was pulling you leg a little, irony is lost in type, even so how can mikey sell all his audio stuff on this site?
i think lohen are the only site sponsers who promote demo drives in their cars, and even thats a road based demo so if your looking at anything else in the market except kw [esp if for track use] you are stuck to reading posts or watching videos ?

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
tbf i was pulling you leg a little, irony is lost in type, even so how can mikey sell all his audio stuff on this site?
i think lohen are the only site sponsers who promote demo drives in their cars, and even thats a road based demo so if your looking at anything else in the market except kw [esp if for track use] you are stuck to reading posts or watching videos ?

LOL, no worries. My "irony" meter is off a bit today. I do understand what you are saying but I would never advise a purchase of this nature unless you try them. This is one of thsoe large items that could leave you saying "why did I do that". ;)

but when all else fails you can just take the leap.:D

·
Registered
864 Posts
That's kinda true and kinda not...... :confused:

We actually have plenty of suspension for you to try, as there is also a Bilstein PSS9 & Eibach Coilovers. The Cooper D Clubman is on standard dampers + Eibach springs (we are waiting for Koni to do an FSD kit for it). :D

We will never try to sell you any suspension merely on a test drive... To us it is important to understand what you are going to use the car for, how many track days you are thinking of doing, whether you will drive it on the street, whether your partner uses more often that you & so on.

We also look to understand what you DON'T like about the current set up, and we would look to advise how to change it. ;) We wont just think of coilovers, we will be happy to talk tyres/wheels, braces, anti-roll bars & camber adjustments & dare I bring in to this drive train improvements. :rolleyes:

We would also be happy for people to have a track based test drive, but when we have tried to organised MINI based days in the past we have had very little response. So short of someone else organising one and inviting us along we are a bit stuck. :eek:

So in short - if you want to come and talk suspension, then make sure that you have some spare time when you get here.....

Help,

Looking at fitting coilvers to my GP so need some advise , tried searching threads for information but got nothing .

would like to know what other users have fitted to there GP's ,What coilovers suit the car best and so on.......

MiniPaul...
As far as this is concerned then from us there are two option at the moment KW & Bilstein. KW offer the Variant 2, Variant 3 and Clubsport (which is trackday suspension). And Bilsten offer the usual PSS, PSS10 combination. But as i mentioned above it not as simple as "What is the best coilover"...

Andrey

1 - 20 of 25 Posts