MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,
So I have a stock mini cooper s 2008, and want it to sound nice (but only have a tight budget)...
I am thinking of putting in a cold air intake into the mini, but was wondering if it makes it sound good enough to not need to do anything to the exhaust.
I don't want it to be too loud (but noticeable), but still want it to sound nice and aggressive. If I just put a cold air intake in it, is that all that I would need to do in order to achieve what I am after?

·
Registered
07 R56 S
214 Posts
Hey,
So I have a stock mini cooper s 2008, and want it to sound nice (but only have a tight budget)...
I am thinking of putting in a cold air intake into the mini, but was wondering if it makes it sound good enough to not need to do anything to the exhaust.
I don't want it to be too loud (but noticeable), but still want it to sound nice and aggressive. If I just put a cold air intake in it, is that all that I would need to do in order to achieve what I am after?
Hey For what its worth I personally did'nt much care for the goofy "noise maker " that pumps engine noise into the cabin.....pretty loud and kinda dumb. I don't mind a bit more exhaust note but not inside the car.....so while chasing down another issue I replaced the front cat...got a bit more noise AND a small but noticeable power increase. 10+ hp?....a person cant really recognize any increase under 10hp and you would be lucky to get that from a cold air box. you would need a dyno to register the 6? 7? hp increase...cheap like Borscht and a work of art

1 - 2 of 2 Posts