MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Written with tongue placed firmly in cheek :)

Now that the Winter is bearing down on us Brits, has anyone else noticed how cold your knobs are in the morning?

I don't know about you, but I have to rub mine vigourously every day before I go to work and sometimes again before I come home...

The shiny end is all very well and good (all my friends have commented on it's impressive size and general feel), but is there some kind of knob warmer on the market that would save me from all this frenetic activity in the driveway each day?...the neighbours are beginning to talk...:)

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
I'm a sympathetic sufferer also.
how about a woolie glove from santa
maybe a mini mouse golf club cover!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
surely one of the servants would warm the knob prior to the ferrari being used.
And obviously you would not trust anyone with your mini now lets face it.

·
MINIless MINI2 Master
883 Posts
zoooooom said:
surely one of the servants would warm the knob prior to the ferrari being used.
And obviously you would not trust anyone with your mini now lets face it.
What's missing from the Mini Accessories Catalogue is an Electric Knob Warmer; after all you can obtain things such as a rodent protection system... :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
Maybe, just maybe

How about getting a furry rodent to sit on your knob in the morning to warm it up!! Now theres a thought.

May involve buying some cheese first though.

Mark

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

·
Fun on 2 & 4 wheels!
185 Posts
One of the accessory books has got a device which plugs into a mobile phone and switches on an auxillary heater if you dial the phone number - you can program it to come on like an alarm clock! Sounds very nice and useful but probably costs a stupid amount of money.

I guess it depends on how much you need a warm knob really!

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and here's me thinking no-one would take this thread even remotely seriously..:);)

I'm just amazed I was the 1st person to raise this issue (or do I just have a dirty mind??)..;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
Owners!!
I searched the web for Knob Warmers.
My Boss still requires an explanation.
My Wife still requires an explanation.

I did however come across an item called THE EGVOL KNOB WARMER , which apparantly simply attatches to the "problem area" and is guaranteed to solve the problem.
At the moment it is only available for LHD but is due to be released as a BMW acces. for RHD Minis in 2002.
Price is about 35Euros.
I took the chance and ordered a LHD version and with a simple mod it was both easy to fit and very effective even at -2c.!!
So try www.egvolwarmers.org

Dr Mike

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
mike58 said:
I'm dead curious now..but I can't seem to get it up (the site that is).

While we wait for this essential peice of kit to be created I think we should organise a mass petition and storm BMW..;)

Imagine the scene...a wintery Oxford morning...a picket line of chilly MINI2ers chanting "what do we want? - warmer knobs".."when do we want them?..NOW"..;)

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
Dogger said:
Imagine the scene...a wintery Oxford morning...a picket line of chilly MINI2ers chanting "what do we want? - warmer knobs".."when do we want them?..NOW"..;)
Dogger, I think you are loosing it:p

Just stick a sock over it, that will do the trick nicely;)

LMB :D

·
In exile, down SOUTH!
13,201 Posts
Just a thought!

Will the reverse be true during the summer months, and we would need a device to cool it down before we can hold it in our hands comfortably??? ;)

·
Registered
189 Posts
I Have checked out the EGVOLWARMER site and it's not running.
Perhaps this has something to do with Egvol being an anagram of Glove!!
Still it may be poss to adapt a LHD version as I did.
Dr Mike

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know it might not feel as rewarding at first, but can't you just change your grip? :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SF2001 said:
I know it might not feel as rewarding at first, but can't you just change your grip? :D
..assuming of course that it's me that is gripping it in the 1st place..;)

·
Registered
298 Posts
How about this then!

I tried this on my way to work 2day. Change gear using the Shaft, not the Knob. This is not so cold in the morning. If this fails to work, try a car share scheme. That way you could get someone to hold your shaft or knob for you!

Go on give it a go

Mark

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Re: How about this then!

MINIMARK said:
I tried this on my way to work 2day. Change gear using the Shaft, not the Knob. This is not so cold in the morning. If this fails to work, try a car share scheme. That way you could get someone to hold your shaft or knob for you!
Now there's a chat-up line just waiting to be used..;)

If you don't see me posting for a while, I shall be 'assisting the police with their enquiries'..:eek: :cool:

1 - 20 of 96 Posts