MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing as how you have all been so helpful with some of my previous questions, I have decided to push my luck and trouble you for your opinions once more.

When I started looking at purchasing a MINI my heart was set on an INDI blue one with white roof/bonnet stripes. To my dismay MINI no longer uses Indi blue and has replaced it with Hyper Blue.

I figured that this would be ok, and I could settle for a slightly lighter shade of blue coupled with the white roof and bonnet stripes...until someone mentioned that the color combination looked rather "smurfish" and they would go with a different color combo.

Being the MINI connoisseurs that you all are, I would really appreciate some insight into my fashion dilemma.

THANKS! :confused:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Dont listen to them i saw a hyper blue cooper S coming towards me last week with white roof and white stripes. Its a great colour and may i say id rather have a hyper blue than my indy blue!

Go for the Hyper Blue it will get loads of attention and you will love it!

·
Registered
126 Posts
HB/W is one of the few color schemes that I actually think looks right with bonnet stripes (CR/W and DS/B being the others).
But it's *your* car, get what you want.

I personally had my choice made when I first started playing with the build your own tool at the mini site (BRG/B just seemed to fit).

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Go with whatever pleases your little heart!

I think I am going with Orange Kosei rims for my Orange cabriol. See this thread: (sorry, my popup blocker won't let me add this as a hyper link) http://www.mini2.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76360

The consensus is, which I agree with 100%, if you like it, you're the one making the car payments, so go for it.

Just post pictures when you do :)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
hedcase38 said:
When I started looking at purchasing a MINI my heart was set on an INDI blue one with white roof/bonnet stripes. To my dismay MINI no longer uses Indi blue and has replaced it with Hyper Blue.

I figured that this would be ok, and I could settle for a slightly lighter shade of blue coupled with the white roof and bonnet stripes...until someone mentioned that the color combination looked rather "smurfish" and they would go with a different color combo.
You should be getting a color combo which pleases you ... not someone else.

You can find galleries containing pictures of almost any color combo ...

Members List > Search Members > Advanced Search:
Personal Gallery: Yes
MINI Body Color: Hyper Blue
MINI Roof Color: White
MINI Personal Gallery: Yes

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
MINIAC said:
You can find galleries containing pictures of almost any color combo ...
But just remember, the odds of finding 2 MINIs the same are one in 50,000! And that goes up the more, ah, outrageous youmake your car (NOT that one could make a MINI outrageous.)

·
Sponsor/Moderator/Other
3,265 Posts
It doesn't look smurfish. And besides, its so close to IB, unless you're a MINI geek, you wouldn't notice the difference anyway. Check my gallery for a few pictures.

If you want to be derogatory about the colors, you can find something wrong with every combination, you can also ignore whatever people say about it just as easily, since almost everyone loves their color choice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.