MINI Cooper Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
We did the same thing but for a different reason. ;) Changed from the auto to the manual xmission at the last minute so we could flat tow the clubbie. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I didn't know towing was an issue with the auto Clubbie. I guess another good reason to change. Plus, the manual gives me a change to take advantage of the "mild hybrid" and "start/stop" technology (only available on the manual).

:)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
ClubS in production!!

Greetings, all:

Just called the ASK-MINI line (plus checked the Owners' Lounge), and both confirmed that my ClubbieS is "officially" in production. According the helpful, disembodied voice on the ASK-MINI line, estimated date of completion is July 1. We'll see how the production processes proceeds.

It's very nice when the status has movement. I've been sitting at on order for about a month.

I've still yet to see any Clubbies on the road here in Colorado Springs. Perhaps (I'm thinking Aug with transport), I'll be the first.

cheerio!
albert :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
In the paint shop

:D according to the latest from the ASK-MINI, my ClubbieS will soon be, officially, BRG.

Slowly but surely, the process moves forward.

Plus, according the Wallenium Wilhelmsen website, my ClubbieS could make it on the Jul 7 ship to LA. That would put it in port on or around Jul 29, with dealership delivery around early Aug.

Hoping for the best.

cheers,
albert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
At Sea

Greetings:

My ClubbieS is currently at sea on the vessel, Isolde. :)

Isolde is scheduled to dock at Port Hueneme, CA on Jul 29. I'm hoping the car will be at my dealership NLT 11 Aug.

cheers,
albert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
demand around CO

Headed up to Ralph Schomp MINI to check out window tinting, and my MA told me something interesting. Big demand for MINIs, so much so that people are selling their newly received Clubbies for a profit days after purchase. Curious.

Has anyone else heard about this? I did a quick Craig's List search, but I didn't find any ads for Clubbies.

The boat arrives 30 July in CA. I'm planning to pick up the Clubbie during the week of 11 Aug.

I already have my MINI key ring. :D

Has anyone used the www.stratmosphere.com mini sun shades?

cheers,
albert

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
I've heard the price of gas has made all the fuel efficient cars more popular now. I checked completed auctions on Ebay, clubbies don't seem to be going for over MSRP though.

I have 50% tint on my rear windows, and 35% on the fronts, and am very happy with the results. Plus, it really looks cool. :nice:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I liked the looked of the 35%. I was worried it would be too dark and too reflective. I've heard (through out this forum) that the sun roof rolling shader doesn't block out enough sun. Plus, living in CO (where it is sunny quite a bit), I was looking at ways to solve that issue.
The stratosphere sun shades offer a sun shade between the actual sun roof and the roller shade. They're custom cut to fit the Clubbies dual sun roof. It's an option. I'm not sure how much darker I want to take the sun roofs themselves. Plus, I like the idea of moving them when I want.

While I didn't see too much of an issue with seeing out the barn doors (that is a complaint I've read a few times in Clubman reviews), does the 50% tint curb your rearview mirror views?

cheers,
albert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Greetings, all:

My ClubbieS is at the CA VPC. Hopefully, it had a good trip over from the UK.

It should hop a truck to Denver, CO soon. I'm planning on picking it up (after the tinting is complete) on or around Aug 13th.

waiting almost over!
albert

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
I haven't had any trouble with the 50% tint, I now wish I had it all around.

For your sunroof, I cut a silver windscreen shield down to fit, then just stuck it btwn the netting and glass when it was too bright. :D Worked very well and only cost $5. ;)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I'll be getting the 35% all around (minus front windshield, of course).

I thought about getting more on the sun roof, since the roller shade isn't terribly shady. But I found this website (thru a recommendation fromt he North American Mini forums). Mini Interior

I ordered a custom cut-out shade for the front and the back sunroofs. They roll out and are placed between the roller and the sunroof. Pictures look good, so I'm thinking it will do the job.

I also found on gominigo.com, their "no holes license place holder." It utilizes the front tow hook to attach the front license place.

About a week and a half left!

cheers,
albert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Rainy drive home

So, today in Colorado, we're having rainy, gray skies. However, we managed to pick up our very snazzy Mini Cooper S Clubman in British Racing Green today. The drive home was a little hectic with the rain and rain-splatter on the way home on the interstate.

Trying to get used to a manual transmission again, I did have a couple of stalls during a traffic jam on the interstate's Monument Hill. Yet, I did make it home. It will take me a few weeks to get the feel of shifting again :)

After 5 months of waiting, the Clubbie is finally here.

albert

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
First blood

Very unfortunate :angry:

Driving yesterday evening, a rock or something struck my front windshield smack in the middle of my driver's view. The impact left about a half-dollar sized, powered circle.

The Clubbie isn't even a week old. Oh well, I called my insurance company, and SafeLight is heading out tomorrow afternoon to repair/replace the damage.

The Clubbie will sit inside the garage until he's all better. :)

·
Loves the Fuzzy One
16,525 Posts
Ouch! My 05 MCSC had a stress crack within a week of taking delivery, but no problems after that. Hope you have the same luck. :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
pictures!!

Hi Everyone.

Finally...some pictures of the Mini Cooper S Clubman. Now with new windshield :D

Follow this link for pictures:

Library

cheers,
albert

41 - 60 of 63 Posts