MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
TT or not TT
3,064 Posts
That is a good choice :) the only downer on it would be if you wanted bonnett stripes which would be a no go on that colour combination.

dinger.:)

·
That's a Gamble
110 Posts
I've started thinking about it again

Right- After putting it out of my head for weeks it's back, what's the honest opinion between hyper blue and cool blue, now it's on the mini website my existing choice of cool blue looks a bit light & lilac.......not bothered about hyper being S exclusive, want my blue to be nearest to that blue that Citroen saxo's are...which is nearest?? Should it also be blue/blue leather as opose to black.

·
I like MINIs I do
331 Posts
I've gone cool blue/blue roof/blue leather for my MCSC. I'm not keen on Hyper Blue, and Cool Blue makes for a much gentler colour-coded interior. BMW picked Cool Blue for the MCSC pics in their brochure.

Not sure which is closest to a saxo... all the MINI colours are quite unique. Just pick whichever one tickles your eyes nicest :D

·
Registered
440 Posts
abs0lutely said:
I've gone cool blue/blue roof/blue leather for my MCSC. I'm not keen on Hyper Blue, and Cool Blue makes for a much gentler colour-coded interior. BMW picked Cool Blue for the MCSC pics in their brochure.

Not sure which is closest to a saxo... all the MINI colours are quite unique. Just pick whichever one tickles your eyes nicest :D
I'm having major issues picking colour! ... I've speced silver at the moment. My current MINI is chili red with white vipers and I ADORE it. It seems silly to get another MINI the same colour as my current one. BUT, the silver is just a little plain, I'm starting to think. I love the dark grey but I'm getting a MCC not a MCCS so thats not an option. Cool blue is nice, but a little girly for my liking. I would like to get viper stripes again, just on the front and back, not on the roof, (obviously) but I think the vipers only look really cool white on red - I dunno how this would look with the black convertibe roof.......

Honestly, I can't sleep properly, its SUCH a dilemma!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Chili Red - Cordoba Beige Interior - Body Color Interior Trim - Exterior Chrome Package - Black Roof - (at least that's what I've ordered)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Guys,

I'm getting a little worried here as the colour I was considering hasn't been mentioned. Here in Oz the convertible won't arrive until Jan so I need to order pretty soon. Having gone through the colour configurator on the UK mini site we (note: working with girlfriend on this) were suprising attracted to the Cooper S, Yellow, black roof, black bonnet stripes, yellow dash and black seats.

We intially looked at cool blue, but wanted bonnet stripes and couldn't find any to suit the blue.

On the site the aforementioed yellow looks pretty good, however I cannot see one 'in the flesh' and would appreciate feeback from folks back in Blighty.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
Jonnyspin, that combo sounds sharp. Go for it!

We considered it too, but think we'll go for the Cool blue, dark blue, Cordoba.

-Lucie

·
Registered
91 Posts
Thanks dinger, I did actually did a search and found the thread on Yellow, apologies for my laziness.

The picture got my girlfriend very excited, and removed my fears about the colour, although I'm sure there'll be some mornings when I'll need shades.

I'll be rushing down to my dealing to get my order in, just worried that 'being a Pom downunder' it'll be too hot for me to have the hood down when it arrives in January.

·
Registered
400 Posts
marrsbar said:
I'm having major issues picking colour! ... I've speced silver at the moment. My current MINI is chili red with white vipers and I ADORE it. It seems silly to get another MINI the same colour as my current one. BUT, the silver is just a little plain, I'm starting to think. I love the dark grey but I'm getting a MCC not a MCCS so thats not an option. Cool blue is nice, but a little girly for my liking. I would like to get viper stripes again, just on the front and back, not on the roof, (obviously) but I think the vipers only look really cool white on red - I dunno how this would look with the black convertibe roof.......

Honestly, I can't sleep properly, its SUCH a dilemma!
Marrsbar - why, if you liked your old Chilli Red one don't you go for the same again - its not going to have a roof so people will know its a different one!

·
Letting the days go by
890 Posts
Am I bonkers, or does anyone else NOT understand why they aren't doing the Convertible in Pepper White? :confused:

IMHO - it would look the Canines Genetillia with a black roof, bonnet stripes etc. :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
ItHurts said:
Am I bonkers, or does anyone else NOT understand why they aren't doing the Convertible in Pepper White? :confused:

IMHO - it would look the Canines Genetillia with a black roof, bonnet stripes etc. :cool:
Hallelujah, I'm not the only one that thinks Pepper White needs to be an option. I was looking forward to getting my MCSC in Pepper Wjite but had to settle with Dark Silver. I will be upset though if they change the color options mid-year and allow Pepper White to be a choice.

·
CR/W MC and HO/B MCC
41 Posts
Hot Orange....

I ordered Hot Orange with Dark Blue leather and Blue top. What do you think, white or black stripes.

·
Look Ma I'm flying!!
184 Posts
Why not Blue if you can get a similar colour match?? If not then I suppose white would be best IMHO.

Cheers, Peter

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'd go with the black stripes, I used the UK site to configure different colour combos and thought the orange with black stripes was tops. I'd be getting the same combo but my partner doesn't like the orange, so we're settling 'half-way' for the yellow.

·
Livin' the country life
4,008 Posts
ItHurts said:

I agree I would have it in a heartbeat.
Have gone with DS/B black stripes. :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
About this Discussion
34 Replies
24 Participants
mindymini
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing