MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I took a visit to my local Mini Showroom, and I have now confirmed the fact that I need a Cooper.

Can any one offer advice over the colour, Racing Green What does it actually look like in the flesh. I have not managed to find one yet.
Black appears to be the common colour to buy, but i do like to stand out in the crowd, my current car is a Yellow (Megane Coupe)

Also anyone reccomend any cheap insurance companies that will insure me, the cheapest quote i got so far is £3043( yes, 3 Grand) I am 21, 6 points on licence and this will be my first policy.

Please help

Thanks

·
Man in the know!
3,957 Posts
Ouch, that is expensive!!

Try: www.elephant.co.uk
or www.tesco.co.uk

I haven\'t seen BRG but i have seen the silk green, it actually looks better in the flesh than it does on the colour chart.

I have gone for Indi blue with white roof, i will post some pics when i get the car at the end of the month.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well Elephant wanted £3,400 so that is not a route I can take

I am favouring to the Blue myself now

I have put the insurance back into my dealers court and say i can only purchase the car if he can get my insurance cheaper

Make him squirm

·
MINI2 Global Moderator
4,566 Posts
MINI insurance was one of the most expensive I was quoted for. I am 21 and have 2 years NCB. The best quote I got was from Churchill (you get a 5% discount on your policy if you get a quote from their website - www.churchill.com)

·
MINIless MINI2 Master
883 Posts
I was going to go for Silk Green (with a black roof) which looks great in the metal, but having seen British Racing Green with a white roof recently I think it\'s a stunning colour and probably the one I will be going for.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
BRG/WHITE is the best colour combo I have seen 8D
But as it will be your car you choose the colour you like 8D
But you have to think, will BRG/White become too popular :?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would advise seeing a BRG mini before ordering. The colour is very different to that in the brochure - much darker.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Back to the insurance, I have also found belldirect to be very good and they are who I\'m going with (20, 1 claim, 2yrs NCD, 3pts). I have tried a lot of online insurance companies (about 20) and only around half allow you to select the new mini which is very annoying. Tesco\'s and Eaglestar don\'t but Admiral and Norwich Union do and have also given me reasonable quotes.

Hope that helps,

Jon

(indi blue \'n\' white rules!!!)

·
Registered
26 Posts
As I posted in some other thread, the BRG is darker than expected, looking almost black in deep shadows. However, it did remind me of a D-type that overtook me a couple of years ago, so maybe it\'s simply more authentic than other, paler, \'British Racing\' greens.

Personally, I thought it looked extremely classy on a One at Scotthall Leeds. Even if it wasn\'t too late, I wouldn\'t be changing my order (BRG/white/silver wheels).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JON

When you speak to tesco they are very reasonable. Well less than 2.5K which is cheap as it stands at the minute

Still puzzling over BRG or Indi oh well

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
On 15-10-2001 10:26 MiniMayhem wrote:
I was going to go for Silk Green (with a black roof) which looks great in the metal, but having seen British Racing Green with a white roof recently I think it\'s a stunning colour and probably the one I will be going for.
We Silk Green folks need to stick together! Don\'t lose your bottle now - you know you\'ll regret it.

BRG looks almost black on a cloudy day - this is the UK don\'t forget - OK in California!

·
Registered
247 Posts
Yellow and black rules. BRG is quite nice, but will end up like sliver as far too common, just look at the number of BRG MGFs, and it affects the resale value. I know this probably won\'t be a problem for a good few years with the MINI.
Lets be honest all the colours are cool.

As for insurance I am with Bell Direct and they have always been the cheapest whatever car I\'ve been quoted for. They are also very good and helpful. What Car are cheap but not very good customer service.
Alot of the companies haven\'t updated their databases yet to include MINI, but if you ring them they can normally quote.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hmmm...

What do you think of liquid yellow and black?
Is this a good combo?
How does this gold(?) color look?
Is there any special interior options to match the outside color?

P.S. Any pictures of yello and black combo?

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I have some pictures of yellow/black in my gallery 8D 8D

http://mini2.com/gallery/personal/smiffy//P9280028.jpg

http://mini2.com/gallery/personal/smiffy//P9280029.jpg

http://mini2.com/gallery/personal/smiffy//P9280030.jpg

hope these help 8D 8D 8)7

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks Smiffy! Great pics.

I still cannot decide between black or white roof.
Black really looks sophisticated but I also like the traditional white roof.
Oh well, I still have plenty of time yet till next April.

·
Registered
247 Posts
They are cool pictures indeed. I wish I\'d seen those before I got mine as I was really worried about the yellow.
Now I can say that it rocks, yellow and black is great. I\'m also glad that I went with a pepper pack but stuck with the 7 hole alloys to avoid the tacky wheel trim like 8 spokes. They even look better than the chilli pack wheels I reckon.
I\'m a happy man.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
Im glad my photos are bring happyness to many people 8D
And guess what :? ........... Im going to my local dealer to get some more pictures tomorrow 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D 8D

·
Registered
272 Posts
On 15-10-2001 7:53 andyf wrote:
Yesterday I took a visit to my local Mini Showroom, and I have now confirmed the fact that I need a Cooper.

Can any one offer advice over the colour, Racing Green What does it actually look like in the flesh. I have not managed to find one yet.
Black appears to be the common colour to buy, but i do like to stand out in the crowd, my current car is a Yellow (Megane Coupe)

Also anyone reccomend any cheap insurance companies that will insure me, the cheapest quote i got so far is £3043( yes, 3 Grand) I am 21, 6 points on licence and this will be my first policy.

Please help

Thanks
hey andy, i got a quote for when my car comes and its £600 from norwich union!!! hhee though thats under my dads name, im only 18 at the moment hope that helps as that quote is for both of us :)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts