MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Off to test drive a MINI Cooper this morning and am a bit concerned with all the problems noted in this forum. Also concerned that the woman up the street has had her black w/ white top in the shop for almost a fortnight (not sure why though).

Have there been any statistics gathered amongst those with these problems regarding option choices? I've heard rumours that the BOOST sound system option could be a factor.

Regs,

shaguar

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
shaguar said:
Off to test drive a MINI Cooper this morning and am a bit concerned with all the problems noted in this forum. Also concerned that the woman up the street has had her black w/ white top in the shop for almost a fortnight (not sure why though).

Have there been any statistics gathered amongst those with these problems regarding option choices? I've heard rumours that the BOOST sound system option could be a factor.

Regs,

shaguar
If your refering to flat batteries. The Head Unit on early cars has a voltage fault. Draws too much power in very cold weather. This has been subject to dealer re-calls for a free replacement. New MINI's will have the New preoblem free unit.

Post December MINI's also have new software for the siemens control unit that controls windows/door locks/wipers etc.

I havn't seen any statistics anywhere in relation to numbers of members here with faults. There are a few poles around, but these are fairly inconclusive.

Use the search engine and you should be able to source all that you need to know, but bear in mind, the members here represent only a fraction of MINI's sold.

cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
BruceK suggested contacting a company that purchased a fleet of MINIs to see if they experienced any problems, but I don't know what came of it. It is hard to gauge how many cars have problems because very few MINI owners frequent this website. That's not to say they are the only ones having problems. Every so often you'll see a post from someone who just discovered the site and were surprised to find out that others here had experienced the same problems on their car. I suspect a lot of people have the left pulling and electrical problems but were either fobbed off by the dealer with "all cars do it" or they think the trouble is unique to their car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I've just put down a deposit for a Black w/ white top & wheels Cooper! Should be arriving in April sometime.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mr.bill said:
BruceK suggested contacting a company that purchased a fleet of MINIs to see if they experienced any problems, but I don't know what came of it. It is hard to gauge how many cars have problems because very few MINI owners frequent this website. That's not to say they are the only ones having problems. Every so often you'll see a post from someone who just discovered the site and were surprised to find out that others here had experienced the same problems on their car. I suspect a lot of people have the left pulling and electrical problems but were either fobbed off by the dealer with "all cars do it" or they think the trouble is unique to their car.
Foxton's estate agents here in London have a fleet of green and gold striped and numbered MINIs. Maybe I'll pop down to the high street and see if they'll show me a flat ;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts