MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a three day old Cooper, which is rather brilliant. When I went outside to get in the car this morning, I noticed that the rear left light cluster was almost entirely misted up. The cluster on the right-hand was completely clear. When I looked at lunchtime, before leaving work and after arriving home, the condensation was still there - more or less the same amount as first thing this morning.

Is this normal, or should I book the car in for the dealer to take a look at it?

·
Hmmmmm
237 Posts
I've noticed this a couple of times on my '08 'S' as well - I've never mentioned it so far but will be interesting to see how widespread it is and whether anyone's bothered to get Mini to look into it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I emailed my salesman about it. He said:

"The headlights are not a sealed unit and so can sometimes mist up. This will normally dry up with general use, but if it should get worse than a mist then please get in touch. I have had this with cars in the past and it is not a big problem."

The mist was much better today, but that's probably because it wasn't quite so cold!

·
Wanted a JCW!!
777 Posts
I have noticed this in my car, and like your salesman said, it did clear up after my usualy morning trip.

·
Making it add up
847 Posts
One of the rear foglights on my S misted up quite badly. I asked the dealer to look at it when it was in for something else but they either did nothing or were ineffective.

So I took it off myself and put it on the Aga to dry overnight. No problems since!

·
Registered
889 Posts
One of my headlights and a fog light misted up Didnt go away - both replaced with no quibbles under warranty

·
Registered
96 Posts
No light should mist up otherwise it's function would be affected. Report to dealer for replacement. I had a fog light changed for this reason. I know the technician who fixed my car and he'd seen quite a few.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts