MINI Cooper Forum banner

Confirming order Monday

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Suzman 
#1 ·
After a number of weeks research, (mostly this site) debating and listening to adverse comments from work colleges, apparently you have to be female or a young male!!! I confirm my new vehicle order on Monday; this will be my work (lease) vehicle.

The reason for going for a Dooper is low emissions and the fact that leasing on a Mini is unbelievably cheap compared to anything else due to the residue values. I’m sure that I will have to put up with comments for a while and have gone through the uninvited advice of going for any other vehicle that I could get for the same price or lower, not lease price I hasten to add.

The spec I have ended up with increased with the determination to go with this car in preference to anything else and have gone into this with knowledge of many vehicle currently on offer by all manufacturers, part of my job is to test drive vehicles, the one single issue I’ve found with most is they are boxes on wheels with little or no character, despite what people think no one has disagreed that a Mini has something different.

I would be interested for any comments from your knowledge of the additional items included and if you would have gone for the same thing given the choice again.

As you probably know when you read this list some of these options are not options if you want the packs

Pepper White
17" Web Spoke Two Tone
Roof & Mirror Caps in Black
Lea Lounge Carbon Black
Interior Trim Piano Black
CHILI Pack
Media Pack
Sport Pack
Visibility Pack
Run-flat Tyres
Exterior Mirror Pack
Chrome-Line Interior
Panoramic Glass Sunroof
Darkened Rear Glass
Front Seat Heating
Colour Line Cream White
Park Distance Control
Bi-Xenon Headlights
Harman Kardon - Hi-Fi
Bluetooth telephone audio connection
White Indicator Lenses

I was also going to order the Trackstar 5 but the supplying dealer are only authorised to fit the standard version.

See less See more
#7 ·
I get the latest quote tomorrow having removed the Trackstar but the last quote with this included was £104.85, this includes insurance, road tax, replacement vehicle and full maintenance recovery, although you probably get that with the manufacturers warranty.

The total cost on the web site without the tracker was £24.350 but there was an allowance from the dealer that reduced this and I also get an annual allowance that contributes to the lease

#12 ·
No deposit, it's a work/business lease vehicle, at the end of the lease I either purchase what the lease company ask for the car or hand it back and get another vehicle, most of these go to auction at the end of the term, usually 3 years, it's not a company an individual can obtain cars from as you have to be employed by a fleet operator or large company who lease a large number of vehicles.

I've now placed the order but have noticed they have included sport suspension that I'd not specified, I've seen threds on SS but is there any significant difference with a Dooper to the MCS I know it's personal choice at the end of the day just not sure if the cars differ to that degree

#14 ·
I agree that this can not be the monthly lease cost - far too low

Having read the quoted post below a couple of times, I conclude the following -

The £104.85 must be the extra that it is costing Suzman out of his pocket in addition to the car allowance he gets from his company.
It sounds to me that his company pays the lease company directly and then the lease company charge him the difference of £104.85 per month all in.

I may well be wrong but this is the only way that I can make any sense out of the financial numbers.

I get the latest quote tomorrow having removed the Trackstar but the last quote with this included was £104.85, this includes insurance, road tax, replacement vehicle and full maintenance recovery, although you probably get that with the manufacturers warranty.

The total cost on the web site without the tracker was £24.350 but there was an allowance from the dealer that reduced this and I also get an annual allowance that contributes to the lease

#16 ·
Sorry I didn't explain very well, your correct that I'm paying for the extras, my company is paying for the car lease cost, the good thing about the Dooper is that as the value of the car after the lease period is so good and the lease company know this the lease cost is lower as is the tax with low CO2 emmisions, also company car tax is on top of this, as a result I use less of my essential car users allowance to which I put the remainder towards extras, anything above the allowance I pay for.

Some go for more expensive cars or cars with lower residue values and as a result accept what the car comes with or pay for a lease car with whatever extras they want but these can run into a lot, lot more than I could or want to pay, I think the Dooper is a great car and prefer to spend my allowance and own money on this with what I believe is enjoyable to have and drive, even if it's not my car at the end of the day, unless I want to buy it when the lease expires, but I have no idea what it would cost then, hope this explains how it works

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.