MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I been reading all the post on MINI2.com on a daily basis for about a year now.
I finally got to order my Mini on the 1st of October and had always had the idea that
Minis in general were built within 3 days.

My status finally change today October 15th (after two weeks on order status) to In Production but, with a final production date of October 24th. This leaves us with 8 to 10 days of production time. Is this right?

Thanks for your feedback,

Best Regards,
:dsblack:

·
All 4 wheels pointed down
656 Posts
minis13 said:
I finally got to order my Mini on the 1st of October and had always had the idea that

My status finally change today October 15th (after two weeks on order status) to In Production but, with a final production date of October 24th. This leaves us with 8 to 10 days of production time. Is this right?

Best Regards,
Having JUST GONE THROUGH the process, it takes 10 days to assemble your MINI. Mine started 9/24 and ended 10/4. When I spoke to the MINI rep on the phone, she even told me that it was completed on 10/1, with the the remaining 3 days attributable to Quality Control Checks etc etc.
But officially, it is 10 days.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
69 Posts
asking ask mini is like ...

asking the government for accurate tax information ....

It depends on what day you call, who answers your question, if it is a full moon, and the alignment of the planets are "correct" - at least I suspect this ....

I was told that periodically, there is a maintenance period for all factory related equipment, and this would be for tooling maintainers and other things like robot rub downs and oil massages... and it would seem a good idea to have what American's call 'fudge factor' to allow for time to deal with arrival of just-in-time materials, any delays or shortages, and of course quality inspection as well.

my two cents worth... (that's my 0.005540 GBP for my UK friends...)

- MadHatter

·
MotorCityMadman
3,793 Posts
MadHatter said:
my two cents worth... (that's my 0.005540 GBP for my UK friends...)

- MadHatter

Hee hee hee...! :D

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
minis13 said:

Best Regards,
We're in the same situation, though we got a final date of the 26th (even ordered the same day...)

I don't know about you, but I even went so far as to check the shipping schedules for boats departing Southampton for Charleston. The Freedom leaves the 23rd and the Cypress Pass leaves the 26th (according to the WW site), so I've been really hoping that they get our car done before then, as the next boat (Resolve) doesn't leave for Charleston until the 2nd of November.

Here's hoping for fast builds :)

-Eric

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.