MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I visited my dealer this afternoon and they said that hey were under the impression that ONLY the first two cars were pre specced and these were for demonstation purposes only, an EB and a DS. They say that thereafter every car can be specced by the customer. Anyone else heard this? Or are they just talking crap?

·
Registered
573 Posts
When i Asked about this, My dealer said that there would be no delay in getting customer specced cars. Whatever this is supposed to mean?

Andy

·
Registered
448 Posts
The info that I had (also from a dealer, so no more reliable than yours) was that all of the cars available on the launch day would be EB/DS, and to a limited range of specified options. IIRC, this was confirmed by a printout from an internal memo from BMW (which gave prices, spec lists, and production figures for the S). Clever marketting to have a load of identical looking Cooper S cars on the road on the same day. Lousy for individualistic buyers, though. Hopefully my info was wrong.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I am #2 on the S list at Elms in Bedford.

The first cars for customers will be pre-specced as follows:
http://www.mini2.com/s/coopers.doc

As far as they are aware, and also other people I have spoken to at MINI, if you want to choose your own spec you will have to wait longer, but no-one has confirmed what length of wait to expect.

Basically if I wanted to collect my car second (as my list position is) I would have to take a pre-specced car, if I want to spec it myself I will have to wait.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My dealer also confirmed that there will be 500 cars available at launch in the two pre specced configs. These will be offered down the list. So if people higher up the list want to wait, the cars will be offered to the next one down.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Is this 500 number only for the U.K or world wide. If WW then the number of 2 per dealer is about right.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Paul_Mullett said:
I am #2 on the S list at Elms in Bedford.

The first cars for customers will be pre-specced as follows:
http://www.mini2.com/s/coopers.doc

As far as they are aware, and also other people I have spoken to at MINI, if you want to choose your own spec you will have to wait longer, but no-one has confirmed what length of wait to expect.

Basically if I wanted to collect my car second (as my list position is) I would have to take a pre-specced car, if I want to spec it myself I will have to wait.
Is there any prices to go with these two pre-specced Cooper S's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts