MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've just been to their site looking for more info on the Cooper S. Fantastic!!.

hopefully each countries own web sites won't be far behind.

Ps. Just a word of warning.......turn your volume down when you hit the rain sensing windscreen wiper bit......

PPS. You even get a warning if you've been staring at their site for too long..... hilarious !!

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
Basil,
When I was on there earlier this week. I was looking at the spec page and of course it took a while to look through all of it and I got the warning pop up window. At first I was thinking what is this, what did I do? Once I read it I was on the floor laughing. That was great! Yes, they have done wonders to the miniusa site! I am going to go back because I didn't experience the rain sensing windshield wiper bit. Hope yours is just as good/better :)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
For those that don't want to wait for the message:

Sorry to interrupt, but haven't you been in front of the computer too long? We here at MINI are worried you're not getting enough exposure to the sun and stars. Don't worry, we'll be here all week. So, get going. Save your retinas for the road!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Tongue in Cheek

I like the bit on the "Master the Asphalt Arts" section.

In the bottom righthand corner there are some messages emphasising the fun that can be had whilst driving a MINI. They pop up in turn. One of them say's "Let's Take Random Lefts"

Surely not...?!!!!

·
MINIstry of Fun
1,561 Posts
Full marks to mini.usa.com. They are providing us 'S' waiters with something to justify our decision to wait for what is undoubtably the biggest event of the 21st Century (perhaps a little over the top there).

BMW are to be congratulated for taking this stuff seriously. MINI is their child, and they are justifiably proud of their offspring. I don't look at many other car sites, except Honda (and they're so sophisticated and refined), so the MINI excitement that comes from their web sites makes me feel special and part of a community of New MINI Age visionaries.

(Help.) :confused:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Way to go MINIUSA!!

I felt compelled to comment on the radically redesigned MINIUSA web site. They have done an amazing job creating a site that is full of information, but also exciting to visit. Although I am somewhat concerned about what I had found regarding the Find A Dealer section. It stated that the only MINI dealer in Michigan is projected to open in October 2002. I was under the impression that all dealers would be ready for the US launch in March. Could someone please shed some light on this? I need to know if I should be talking to another dealer from a different state.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: Way to go MINIUSA!!

ahiltunen said:
Although I am somewhat concerned about what I had found regarding the Find A Dealer section. It stated that the only MINI dealer in Michigan is projected to open in October 2002. I was under the impression that all dealers would be ready for the US launch in March. Could someone please shed some light on this? I need to know if I should be talking to another dealer from a different state.
I suggest for you to contact your local BMW dealership which will host the MINI dealership for any information. Some of the BMW dealers I've contacted with are taking deposits for the MINI even though their MINI showroom is still under contruction.

good luck

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: For those that don't want to wait for the message:

MINIAC said:
Sorry to interrupt, but haven't you been in front of the computer too long? We here at MINI are worried you're not getting enough exposure to the sun and stars. Don't worry, we'll be here all week. So, get going. Save your retinas for the road!

ha ha ha, not quite in the same style, but 10 out of 10 for trying....

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Lacklustre Australian site (to date)

minicoopersgirl said:
Basil,
When I was on there earlier this week. I was looking at the spec page and of course it took a while to look through all of it and I got the warning pop up window. At first I was thinking what is this, what did I do? Once I read it I was on the floor laughing. That was great! Yes, they have done wonders to the miniusa site! I am going to go back because I didn't experience the rain sensing windshield wiper bit. Hope yours is just as good/better :)
The biggest change to www.mini.com.au has been a picture of santa in a red cooper !!...... This may not seem odd to anyone in the Northern Hemisphere, but its currently 38 degrees celcius outside....... Thats BLOODY HOT!!!!!!!Nothing on the "S",,,,Nothing at all.......thats why MINIUSA.COM got this thread....

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Re: Re: For those that don't want to wait for the message:

Basil said:

ha ha ha, not quite in the same style, but 10 out of 10 for trying....
Basil, Miniac is right. That's a verbatim quote from the popup I've received (several times now :) ) on the miniusa.com site.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: Re: Re: For those that don't want to wait for the message:

BruceK said:

Basil, Miniac is right. That's a verbatim quote from the popup I've received (several times now :) ) on the miniusa.com site.

Yea I know, but yours didn't pop up though did it now......hence the 10 out of 10 for trying......

That'll teach me for trying to be a smart ass....:)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts