MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im looking at getting an iPOD for the car... But have a few questions...
Ive heard of some issues with the AUX connector and the HK system in the Mini's in taht you cant use the AUX port as everything goes through the DSP. The last I read about this though was March 2003. I have a June 2003 built Cooper. I wondered if anyone knows if this has been sorted out at all with later Mini's...

Also, has anyone had experience with this piece of kit? Im considering getting one, but am unsure if it will fit underneath the central column in the Mini with the iPOD inserted, or if it will be difficult to get the iPOD in and out of the docking station?
Details on it can be found here:

http://shop.ipodworld.co.uk/iPodWorldSite/product/iPod_Car Accessories/PG02.htm

Thanks

Adam

· Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont have a changer. The reason I didnt, was because I change CD's frequently and it wouldnt be worht my while having 6 CD's sitting in the boot of the car. Id have to keep stopping and changing CD's over all the time...

Whats the IceLink? How does it hook up to the stereo? Ideally I dont want an FM transmitter system, but if the AUX port is out of the question, then thats my only other option I guess...

· Premium Member
9,760 Posts
The icelink is a custom interface for the Ipod
It has a cradle with built in dock connector for the ipod (you can buy a version without the cradle if you don't want the ipod on show)
Drop the ipod in, it charges & connects to your stereo, to select ipod, select cd changer using your mode button. You can then control tracks on the ipod from your stereo or mfsw & playlists from the ipod itself.
The system makes the stereo think the ipod is a cd changer
Mike

· Mini Luv
67 Posts
Ipod question

Hey all I have a 04 cooper with the standard stereo and cd player, can i install a ice link , and still be able to use the cd player, or the ipod becomes the cd player. Im a little confused, I want to still have the radio, and cd but also be able to use the ipod, what is the best way to do this, also instructions on installing a ice link would be fantastic, and where can I get one. I appreicate any info. Thanks

· Mini Luv
67 Posts
In dAsh

No I have a standard Mini radio with in dash one disc cd player,. On my steering wheel I press the function button to switch modes between radio, and cd, would i have an extar function now with the denison, link. ?Would I have radio, cd and aux?

· Registered
5 Posts
Installing Ice Link with Nav and H/K

I have a 04 Cooper and I have pretty much decided on the Dension Ice Link.
I have talked to Dension and they are saying that I will need to connect to
the CD changer in the boot rather than the HU behind the dash. This
seems to be because I have the Nav system and my real stereo is in the boot.
Is this correct?

I would rather just connect to the HU up front than run a cable all the
way from the boot to the dash but if I have to I will. Has anyone run this
cable? Can you tell me how? Have any pictures etc?

Thanks,

Bret

:green:

· Premium Member
9,760 Posts
bret said:
I have a 04 Cooper and I have pretty much decided on the Dension Ice Link.
I have talked to Dension and they are saying that I will need to connect to
the CD changer in the boot rather than the HU behind the dash. This
seems to be because I have the Nav system and my real stereo is in the boot.
Is this correct?

I would rather just connect to the HU up front than run a cable all the
way from the boot to the dash but if I have to I will. Has anyone run this
cable? Can you tell me how? Have any pictures etc?

Thanks,

Bret

:green:
They do talk some crap. You can use the behind the stereo icelink when you have nav
Trust me I'm an Engishman

· MINI2 Sex God & etc......
1,197 Posts
Rich_IX said:
I have an ICE Link in my car the kit was from Mike the mini its relatively easy to install pics of mine are in my gallery :)
Relitively easy, it took us --hrs to put mine in, or was it that you liked my mini so much you didnt want to leave it!!! :eek: :rolleyes: :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.