MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone connected to the MOST network (apparently it isn't a true bus)? All wiring is supposed to be customised for a particular cars specification with nothing spare to keep weight down. In the picture of the Audison bit DMI the MOST connecting cable is the orange cable on the left. I can't see how that would work unless there are spare male connectors that have a female connector with a loop attached like the second picture (a test connector for diagnostics pictured). If there are spare male connectors does anyone know where they are? As this query is a long shot I will post identical threads in F56 forum and mini2 forum.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
Has anyone connected to the MOST network (apparently it isn't a true bus)? All wiring is supposed to be customised for a particular cars specification with nothing spare to keep weight down. In the picture of the Audison bit DMI the MOST connecting cable is the orange cable on the left. I can't see how that would work unless there are spare male connectors that have a female connector with a loop attached like the second picture (a test connector for diagnostics pictured). If there are spare male connectors does anyone know where they are? As this query is a long shot I will post identical threads in F56 forum and mini2 forum.
HOW TO CONNECT THE bit DMI
1. Before installing the bit DMI, turn off the source and all other electronic devices in the audio system to prevent possible damage.
2. Run a specifi cally designed power wire with proper diameter (Ø 1.5mm2/ 0.059”- 16AWG) from the battery location to the bit DMI.
3. Apply an isolated fuse holder not more than 20 cm away from the battery positive terminal and connect the power cable from the bit DMI to it.
Use a 3A fuse.
4. Connect the power supply terminals paying attention to the connection polarity. First connect the (-) terminal to the chassis of the vehicle and
then the (+) terminal to the cable from the battery.
5. INPUT MOST: Connect the “MOST” optical fi bre cable supplied in the package as described in the “DIAGRAM CONNECTIONS” section.
6. OPTICAL OUT: Use an optical cable with a Toslink end to connect to Audison devices fi tted with an S/PDIF optical digital input
(bit One, bit Ten D, Prima AP bit, Audison Thesis TH). This input can be selected via DRC or via an Enable terminal, if any (bit Ten D, Prima AP bit).
WARNING: DOLBY DIGITAL (AC3), DTS or other proprietary multichannel sound-surround codecs, coming from A/V sources (such as the audio
of a movie in DVD), cannot be decoded. The output audio format of these sources must be set in STEREO mode, where available through
the infotainment’s audio settings menu, to be reproduced.
7. TURN-ON: The bit DMI automatically turns on when the vehicle is started. When it is turned on, it will provide an output signal (REM OUT) to
turn on the devices connected to the system (bit One, bit Ten D, Prima AP bit, Thesis TH) and properly set according to the audio system.
8. PC SOFTWARE: Connect the PC to the bit DMI using the USB cable supplied to set the device according to the vehicle used. Switch the vehicle
panel on and launch the “Audison bit DMI Updater” PC Software previously installed on your PC desktop. Follow the set-up procedure
described in the “PC CONFIGURATION” section. Once the set-up is complete, close all the doors of the vehicle and then the safety locks.
Wait 20 minutes before opening the vehicle again and switching the audio system on.
9. BY PASS: bit DMI can be made “invisible” to the OEM MOST system through a simple operation making it work in “BY-PASS” mode.
The BY-PASS mode is recommended when a vehicle needs to be serviced at an authorized car service centre, to avoid the car diagnostic
detects the bit DMI as “intruder”, so generating an error during the operation.
To activate the “BY-PASS” mode, you should proceed as follows:
With the system turned on and working, operate on the “BY-PASS” switch by moving it fast from position 1 to 0 and back for 5 times in a row.
The audio will interrupt, thus indicating that the “BY-PASS” mode activated.
To disable the “BY-PASS” function, repeat the same steps as described in the activation procedure; the audio will come back as soon as the
function has been disabled.
WARNING: the BY-PASS function is stored in the memory even if the vehicle or the audio system is turned off and on endless times,
above is the instructions for it, is the orange cable the fibre optic cable that when not is use it loops back to the unit perhaps only a guess from where i'm sat

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply mike1967 but I have read this and looked at the connection diagram and it doesn't answer my questions.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not talking about the TOSLINK optical output which goes from the bit DMI to the amplifier. The MOST network is a single fibre optic cable that must be a complete loop so the connectors are optical in and optical out at every unit. The male socket on the supplied cable goes into the bit DMI but I can't see where the female connector goes nor does the diagram show it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts