MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another fault with my Cooper meant about the 20th return visit to the dealer today. This time the lumber support of the seat is hitting the hard back of the chair and making a clunk on every bump! I was told this was an identified fault and that they were waiting for BMW to supply the cure.

I have already been waiting 4 weeks for a fix for my airbags. My dealer suggested that I contact BMW direct since I was more likely to get a reaction than them.

Can anyone supply me with the telephone number or email or address? I've trawled the website and given up!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ping Pong

I went through this too. In the end it became BMW Ping Pong. Dealer says that Customer services has the responsibilty and guess what, Customer services says it is the dealers.

In our circumstances it got resolved by requesting a meeting with the dealer principal ( actually spoke to the second in command), along with a detailed letter to dealer and BMW outlining all of the issues , the result was that dealer speaks to Cust services and between them decide enough is enough and we get a replacment vehicle.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

I'm not expecting a new vehicle but I sure want some kind of compensation for the six months of hassle and almost weekly journeys 20 miles and back to the dealer.

I also don't expect to have to wait months for problems to be resolved! At the very least I would like a car that can last one day without a new fault rearing it's ugly head.

JS

·
Registered
9 Posts
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE BMW TO REPLY TO EMAILS? I CONTACTED THEM ON FRIDAY FOR AN EXPLANATION TO THE PROBLEMS IM HAVING WITH MY CAR AN THEY STILL HAVENT REPLIED. I USED THE ADDRESS [email protected]

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
ianouska said:
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE BMW TO REPLY TO EMAILS? I CONTACTED THEM ON FRIDAY FOR AN EXPLANATION TO THE PROBLEMS IM HAVING WITH MY CAR AN THEY STILL HAVENT REPLIED. I USED THE ADDRESS [email protected]
I wrote twice and never got a response. The third time I wrote I threatened to cancel my order should I not hear from them within the week...guess what, a couple of days later they replied. They do read them after all.

LMB :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My advice is to bypass customer services. You just end up getting passed from person to person, most of whom know less than yourself about Mini's. Go straight to the top, you're guarenteed some action that way.

By the way I am still awaiting a response to my letter, will let you know when I hear some news.

·
Registered
9 Posts
reply at last

received a reply at last. nothing startling just some rubbish about "well documented teething problems" and that they dont expect me to have any more probles "of this nature". I HOPE THIS IS TRUE BUT GIVEN MY EXPERIENCES I DOUBT IT!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts