MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am playing around with the idea of getting a MINI convertable in the future but I am concerned. I have no garage to store a convertable and sometimes the snow gets a little high and wet in Maryland. I was wondering what detrimental effects to a convertable roof would a pile of snow cause.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
March of 2003 we had a 3 foot snowfall. Lots of things went down but I don't recall hearing of any convertible tops failing.

Having said that...I would presume that if you were in the middle of such a snow event you would go out every now and then to brush the snow off the roof.

I'd think that a dirtbag with a knife should be a greater concern to you .

Peter..in Denver

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
I have a cabriol on order. Scheduled 45th week build.

Seems to me if a roof collapses from snow it's a warrantee issue. Not like an elephant sat on it. It's an outside commodity that was, ah, outside.

David

·
Registered
384 Posts
Washingtons Birthday weekend - End of Feb - 2003 - in Virginia - we had 3 days of non-stop snow. I owned an S2000 at the time and it was completely buried for 4 days - the roof held up like it was brand new. So I would expect the MINI to be just as strong... :) If we still lived back there, I wouldn't have hesitated for a minute to purchase the Cabrio... :D But here in So Cal, snow is not really an issue - just lots of rain lately - so not exactly top down weather... :(

Chow!

Donna :p :D :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts