MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I having being mulling over the roof/no roof option. I have a tintop One at the moment and my kids (11 & 10) love it. They fight over who goes in the front but the one in the back has never complained. I am about 5'9" so there is still legroom on both sides at the back.

I tried a Convertible the other day. I didn't have the kids with me so had to experiment myself. With the driving seat set for me I found that I still fit in the back. Legroom was bare minimum, headroom OK. What I noticed most is that the intrusion of the 3/4 panels meant that you sat near the middle but your feet are sort of offset towards the outside of the car. I imagined that this would be uncomfy for me after even a short time. The kids being considerably narrower-of-**** might get away with it.

Has anyone got any experience of carrying kids the age of my two on longer journeys in a Convertible?

·
Off to the Dealer
161 Posts
When my wife and I went looking at the MCS and the MCS Convertible, we didn't even test drive the Convertible because of the lack of a back seat ---- and we only have 1 and he is soon-to-be 7. IMHO, the Convertible is a true two-passenger car, you might be able to get away with a dog in the back, but that's about it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts