MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I having being mulling over the roof/no roof option. I have a tintop One at the moment and my kids (11 & 10) love it. They fight over who goes in the front but the one in the back has never complained. I am about 5'9" so there is still legroom on both sides at the back.

I tried a Convertible the other day. I didn't have the kids with me so had to experiment myself. With the driving seat set for me I found that I still fit in the back. Legroom was bare minimum, headroom OK. What I noticed most is that the intrusion of the 3/4 panels meant that you sat near the middle but your feet are sort of offset towards the outside of the car. I imagined that this would be uncomfy for me after even a short time. The kids being considerably narrower-of-**** might get away with it.

Has anyone got any experience of carrying kids the age of my two on longer journeys in a Convertible?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I took my 12 and 14 year old daughters (plus the misses!) down to the Dordogne in the summer in the MCC. We all fitted in ok with 1 weeks luggage although there were a few moans after the 9 hour journey back to Paris - mostly due to numb behinds rather than lack of legroom/elbowroom/headroom though. I'm 5' 10" and the rest of the family are regular size for their age I'd say!!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
My kids are 16 and 17, and are just as happy in the backof the cabrio as they were in the One. They do get quite a buffeting with the roof down, so I had to buy them MINI hats!

Admittedly, longest drive we have all been on so far is about 2 hours...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just drove 350 miles to Charlotte, NC from Virginia Beach, VA with my wife in the front and [nearly] 16 year old daughter in the back. She's nearly 5'10" and didn't have any problems.

HTH,

~steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts