MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

i bought my 05 convertible in December and suddenly the roof is opening itself. i came out of asda the other day to find my windows down and sunroof open - glad it was sunny. then today my neighbour knocked the door to tell me my roof was half converted, the roof was in the middle of converting and windows were down. any suggestions? am i unknowingly operating this from the key fob?:confused:

thanks

·
6X therapist
13,907 Posts
Its probably your key fob being inadvertently being held on 'unlock' in your pocket or wherever.

Quite a few have experienced this with hard tops and convertibles,

Try standing away from the car about 15 feet and pressing the unlock button and holding it down for a few seconds, windows and roof will open until you release the pressure ;)

·
clubMINI Master
992 Posts
Surely you would notice it going down if you were close enough for it be you holding your key in your pocket.

I have to stand at the most 5 m away to get it to work!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Its probably your key fob being inadvertently being held on 'unlock' in your pocket or wherever.

Quite a few have experienced this with hard tops and convertibles,

Try standing away from the car about 15 feet and pressing the unlock button and holding it down for a few seconds, windows and roof will open until you release the pressure ;)
What he said^

As it used to happen to mine lots of times;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts