MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
mini2 cruiser
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a common thread that runs in all the convertible owners? What do you most like about owning the Mini convertible? Keep it short. :cool:

I like hot sun, cool wind, heated seat.
Putting the top down at a long redlight.
Liking this Mini even better than the last one. :p

·
Registered
127 Posts
First Drive Today

I took my first drive in a Cabrio S today in San Antonio, TX. Weather was about 84, not a cloud in the sky. Needless to say I was blown away. The 05 S is a much smoother machine that earlier models I have driven. Acceleration off the line is quick and smooth. New gear ratios make the car much easier to drive. At 60 mph the engine is only turning about 2500 rpms. Body shake was minimal over RR tracks even with 17" runflats. My only problem is deciding what color to order. I had originally wanted Cool Blue but after seeing one in the flesh I have decided it is not for me. Not blue enough and in the shade it is a dull gray. I think I am going to go with my wife's first choice, red/black leather/black top/red interior trim.

Second choice is orange/blue top/orange-blue seats/orange interior trim.

Need to decide by Monday as my build date is coming very soon.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mini Cabrio Videos If you haven't seen this production (I don't think it's on the MiniUSA site yet) it's really cool. The last one - at the drive in movies has a string of short Mini cabrio films. Mini's video production "Open for Life" sums up my feelings toward the car. :cool:

rmorin, glad to see I'm not the only one who had made changes in their color choices :) Last I heard, you were going cool blue. Did you see the hyper blue? How did that compare to the Indi blue? I was told I couldn't get hyper blue w/ white wheels and mirrors because it would be too much like our current MC. Thought of going DS/B but that seemed too drab for a convertible (even though it looks really nice.)

Looking forward to seeing pics when you get yours. I've been told to expect delivery mid-December, "perfect" convertible weather, lol.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Cabrio Color Choice

Yes, I have a Cool blue on Order for production the first week of November so have to make my color change real soon. After seeing a couple of Cool blue cars today, I decided it was a little too drab. I have really enjoyed by Indi Blue Cooper and the Hyper blue is too similar. I would describe it as about two shades lighter than Indi Blue. It is a nice color but I want something totally different. Talked to my MA today and he said he needs to know by Monday. Wife really wants orange but being a Tarheel I can't bring myself to buying a Clemson color. So, we will probably compromise with red/black. I kinda like the yellow/black but am afraid I might get tired of it. Also am giving consideration to the cloth/leather seats in red/black but will probably end up going with the solid black leather and get the red interior trim to spice up the interior.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Seems like cool blue is the closest you can get to Tar Heel blue -- although EB was probably the best match.

Being an Illinois alum, I had considered the orange/blue combination but I thought in the DC region people would think Syracuse or Virginia and I can't have that. ;)

Did you see the post of the red/black cabrio? Definitely a sharp combination but one I personally couldn't live with every day. Congrats again -- let us know what you decide.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.