MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all

My wife recently bought an '07 Mini convertible.

The first time I had a ride in it I noticed that even with the roof fully up, wind noise was at a much higher level than I would have expected, even at low speed. Sounding just like the noise you get if a car window is left slightly ajar.
After wandering around carparks and the like to find other mini convertibles to compare it to, I noticed that our roof closes about 8mm short of where it should fit snug into the windscreen seal, which is the source of all the noise. The gap is about the width of an adult index finger running the entire width of the windscreen.

Can anyone offer any advice on how we remedy this? I was hoping that there might be some adjustment in limit switches or something similar?

Many thanks for any help you can offer!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same issue with roof closure after roof cable replacement

I have recently replaced the two roof cables which had broken.
since then I cannot manage to completely close the roof. It closes to within the same amount, about 8 mm.
I cannot work out what adjustments to make in order to allow it to close completely.
I have adjusted the cables so the roof is closing evenly, but cannot even manually close it fully using an allen key on the sunroof motor (emergency close) .
I've also tried removing the motor and pushing the roof forward to close the gap, I can pull it back and forward freely(a bit stiff but does move) ,
Seems like there is something blocking it from sliding forward completely
Looking for any help on how to fix this, spent many hours trying to complete this fix. Very frustrating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts