MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I have sent my roof back today 2010 R57 and it went back fine, but now the green light on the switch is flashing and the symbol of a car with the roof down and a lock flashes when I try to close it and the roof will not close now.
Any ideas
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
If the 'sunroof' parts works but the roof won't open further, the usual culprit is that the (rear) parcel shelf must be in its lower position and that symbol appears when it isn't.

The parcel shelf can be manoeuvred into a raised position which increases boot capacity, but the roof cannot be folded down when the shelf has been raised. If you stand at the open boot, there is a little arm on the left rear corner of the shelf which sits on a microswitch that tells the roof it can be opened - lifting and dropping the shelf will allow you to hear the microswitch clicking.

·
Registered
278 Posts
The ops roof is open fully and can't be closed, just thought I'd clarify lol
Check the parcel shelf though in case you have it raised with an item of shopping or something else.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Boot area is empty and roof is fully open, parcel shelf is correctly located.

Roof went back fine just won't close now and wondered if the picture that's on the dash meant anything specific.

Also noticed that the boot will not open now, is this due the the roof being folded back?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Yep, bootlid and roof are interlocked - neither will work without the other being in the 'right' position. It is even worth checking that the bootlid was fully closed and not causing the roof problem. I have a suspicion that opening a door may also prevent the roof from operating.

Sorry, to clarify - bootlid can be opened in roof fully closed, in sunroof position or fully open, but in between positions of the roof will stop it from opening.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, I have sent my roof back today 2010 R57 and it went back fine, but now the green light on the switch is flashing and the symbol of a car with the roof down and a lock flashes when I try to close it and the roof will not close now.
Any ideas
Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you ever get an answer to your question about why your roof will not go back up? I am having the exact same issue with my 2009 mini cooper S.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts