MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from dealer and noticed in this weeks Cabrio deliveries a plastic sleeve sewn in underneath the top near the rear window.

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
.... what's that all about? what does a bit of plastic do... is it a piece of magical plastic that makes all the roof problems *VANISH* ??!.... oooooooo!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hunkey doreys: it a piece of magical plastic that makes all the roof problems *VANISH* ??!.... oooooooo!!!
I wish thay it woud cure all that is needed for Bertie's Top, but I thought that Mini has taken a step in the right direction.
Even if it is a small baby step, Mini us finally taken a step in the right direction and has started to fix the causes of some of the problems of the top.
I'm sure more steps will be needed.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
if there is a problem fix, its not going to happen over night.

It will take time to find a solution, problem sovling goes on through out the life of any product, its the natural evolution of product design, when a possible answer is found, it is tested, then it has to be worked into production, none of this happens instantly. It happens in months in you are lucky, but there is no point rushing a fix if its not know to be the right fix.

even then, once in the field, this might then cause another issue, as for all the testing that is done, you can never reproduce the way that the consumer will use the product in a day to day situation.

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
TURB CAB said:
I wish thay it woud cure all that is needed for Bertie's Top, but I thought that Mini has taken a step in the right direction....
oooo you know/remembered Bertie's name!...
(or looked on my gallery?!)

and well said Rakey.... nothing will happen 'over night' and if it did then it wouldn't be tested thoroughly so would probably end up needing further replacement... i think they're better taking their time (although not too long!) and developing PROPPER fixes.

we are in 'talks' with BMW at the moment about how to resolve all the problems with our 2 minis... they are being extremely understanding and are really helping us to get things right, which i admire. But what they will do i don't know?! will hopefully find out today/tomorrow. But i can't fault their service when it comes to complaints... very professional and willing to put right any mistakes... which i suppose any company should be... but none the less they are really surprising me!

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
which dealer you using HunkyD?

good to hear that you are getting good service, it makes it so less painful when you get a sorry and and thank you from them:)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Rakey:
It will take time to find a solution, problem sovling goes on through out the life of any product (PERSON), its the natural evolution of product design, when a possible answer is found, it is tested, then it has to be worked into production, none of this happens instantly. It happens in months in you are lucky, but there is no point rushing a fix if its not know to be the right fix.
Very profound,,,, We can translate into solving lifes complex uncertainty and perplexity.. ;)

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
Rakey said:
which dealer you using HunkyD?

good to hear that you are getting good service, it makes it so less painful when you get a sorry and and thank you from them:)
Bowkers in Preston. Sales section are great!
service section... service is very good... but fixing things.. well not too good... but it wouldn't be fair to slate them as it may not be their fault... i don't know. But all in all Bowkers are pretty good. I wrote to head office last week to 'complain'/inform them of the problems we've had ... convertible has been back 7 times since we got it (on average once every 14 days!!) and the other mini has been back a few more times (53 reg). The guy at HO phoned Bowkers yesterday and gave them the option of either them sorting it out with us or leaving it to HO. Bowkers said they'd sort it which i thought was quite good of them (admitting their mistakes and all). So as i say we are currently in 'talks'!!

fingers crossed!! X

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
Update:

Well BMW are going to replace the convertible we have, either like for like or we can add extras if we like (extra cost... obviously!)/change colour etc... decisions decisions!... might add half leather seats? not sure tho, but keeping him the same colour etc.... now just got to see what they will do about our tin top ONE!... good result tho!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Returned merchandise!

hunkey dorey said:
Well BMW are going to replace the convertible we have, either like for like or we can add extras if we like (extra cost... obviously!)/change colour etc... decisions decisions!... might add half leather seats? not sure tho, but keeping him the same colour etc.... now just got to see what they will do about our tin top ONE!... good result tho!
I can't help wonderign what they'll do with the lemon you are handing back in - will some other poor hapless buyer end up with it????

·
'MINI' or 'MAXI'??!
392 Posts
dalboyne said:
I can't help wonderign what they'll do with the lemon you are handing back in - will some other poor hapless buyer end up with it????
... that's exactly what we are wondering... i think they will possibly replace the roof, check for any other rattles/faults etc then flog it to someone innocent person... but then again they may not?!... who knows?!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts