MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! let me first start off by saying hello everyone, my names owen i’m 18 from hesperia and i just got a 2010 convertible mini cooper. new to the mini world as i come from chevys lol (whole different world).. well anyways i can’t get the top to go down. when i press the switch with the windows down and the shelf and levers in the correct position, a yellow symbol of a mini cooper with the top down and a explanation point appears on the tachometer. the top doesn’t respond at all doesn’t even make noise and the sunroof part doesn’t move at all. i found the meaning for the symbol in the manual and it says there is 3 possibilities. 1 that the drive of convertible top overheated 2 that’s the control system of convertible top is malfunctioning and 3 that the tailgate of the mini isn’t closed properly. Upon inspecting my tailgate/trunk i realized that the little green handle the interior emergency release handle was pulled. I can’t figure out a way to get this handle to retract back into the normal position. i found some videos on youtube of other cars saying that there is a button you have to find and press on the inside of the car to make this handle retract again so your tailgate/trunk will close properly. have any of you had to reset your emergency tailgate release and if how did you do it. i’m leaning toward it being the trunk not latched properly making it show the symbol and keeping the top from coming down. any info would be greatly appreciated. thank you!

·
Registered
2004 Mini Cooper R50 Chili Red, Midlands 5 speed manual
326 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts