MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
It came on my Convertible and I use it all the time - everybody that has been in the car thinks it is way cool!

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
nulltty said:
Took this picture at the auto show, is this just a marketing gag or is does this piece come with the convertible (as an option :D )?
Mine did not come with one either...

If anybody can locate a source for these...put me down for one!

thebigyin...any chance you could ask your dealer about them?

Peter...who loves a good marketing gag...in Denver

·
Registered
295 Posts
Peter Crowl said:
thebigyin...any chance you could ask your dealer about them?

Peter...who loves a good marketing gag...in Denver
Peter,
Yup, I'll speak to my dealer and find out a source.

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Hi

It was in my car when I went to greet it from the port. I emailed and said I wanted it left in, but on delivery it was taken out. I made the MA take it from another car and put it back!

It's just, unfortunately, a flimsy piece of plastic that is held on with VHB tape. Ask me? This would be a GREAT aftermarket item made well.

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
DUCTTAPE said:
Hi

It was in my car when I went to greet it from the port. I emailed and said I wanted it left in, but on delivery it was taken out. I made the MA take it from another car and put it back!

It's just, unfortunately, a flimsy piece of plastic that is held on with VHB tape. Ask me? This would be a GREAT aftermarket item made well.
Hmmmm...Bling Chrome...or...military look painted metal? Billet Aluminum...

The switch covers you see on the mock-up B52 in Dr. Strangelove come to mind!

Peter...in Denver

·
Only Unbalanced
924 Posts
Peter Crowl said:
Hmmmm...Bling Chrome...or...military look painted metal? Billet Aluminum...

The switch covers you see on the mock-up B52 in Dr. Strangelove come to mind!

Peter...in Denver
Billet is cool! The flanges on the side, flip up the cover, throw the switch. Next best thing to an ejector seat button!

·
Now what have I done????
2,704 Posts
Me too!

I love the flip up thingy - please bear us poor European cousins in mind!

But that's a stupid-looking sign warning you about the roof closing, is it not? Don't have one of those - and don't want one either!

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got one from the Miami auto show. The Mini guy only gave me one from under the counter when I told him I had a cab on order. Its another cute promo piece, like the contract.

·
I can't spell
2,856 Posts
I received the sticker /warning that is contained in the plastic thingie from MINIUSA. But No plastic thingie. I think it would be kind of cool to have it in the car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I didn't get a switch cover either. :( My MA has a web site and he posted something about Convertible's coming with the warning cover a couple of weeks ago http://mini.uglydoris.com/
He's not aware of a part number, but is on the lookout for me just in case.

It would be cool to get one.....a very nice touch! :)

~steve

·
Benny the Yellow Cab
347 Posts
I had a very pleasant Email exchange with Amanda Cordell at MINIUSA. According to her they do not have any switch covers lying about. She is sending me some other items...I know not what..but didn't have the cover. :(

Peter...coverless...and not motoring due to 8 inches of nasty white stuff.. in Denver

·
Registered
106 Posts
I called in to Checkered Flag, Virginia Beach on the way home from work, and Ernest (the Sales Manager) had a switch cover waiting for me. :D Not sure where it came from, but I'm happy to have it!
I also picked up a 2005 MINI Motoring Accessories catalog and a 2004 MINI Motoring Gear Holiday Guide. Haven't had a good look at them yet, but they appear to be 2 more classic pieces from the MINI Marketing guys.

More great service from the guys at Checkered Flag - couldn't wish for anything extra. Oh, and if anyone's looking for a MCC (or other model for that matter), they have a bunch in stock.....ask for Sean, he'll sort you out!

~steve

·
Registered
401 Posts
I asked Miniusa and this is what they told me.

"Thanks for the picture, that helped a lot. I agree, it's a very cute idea! :)
The button cover is supposed to be put in the convertible at the Vehicle
Processing Center. If it's missing, your sales advisor can order it from the
parts department. I don't have a part number for it though as we don't handle
that aspect of MINI but if the sales advisor isn't sure of how to order it, the
sales manager should be able to assist further."

So let the calls to the sales managers begin. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Got this from my dealer...

"MINI is supposed to be sending one out to everyone who has purchased a
convertible prior to them being put on at the VPC."

So lets see what happens.

Howard

1 - 20 of 27 Posts