MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen it quoted in magazines anyware from 8.8 seconds to 9.3 seconds. I would like to think that it will be under 9 but am probably just kidding myself. Not that I plan to race anybody but in terms of getting off at the lights, how does it compare with other cars of similar 0-60 times?

·
Don Vito
17,160 Posts
not really worried about the 0-60 times but bring on the twisties :D.. saying that .. it takes quite a lot to leave me at the lights in the wifes Cooper :p... even if i get left behind the exhaust note and filter make up for it ;)

Mr NOTaBOYracer :rolleyes:

·
MINI2 Jedi Master
1,237 Posts
RedUn said:
wot modifications have you done to yer coop??:)
He'll need a jet engine on that bad boy to get to 60 in 5 secs :D

People tend to moan about the MINI's speed off the line but I think the MC is quite impressive for a 115bhp car. I find that first gear in the MC is very similar to my MCS up until about 30 mph.

·
Registered
67 Posts
9.2 is the best i've managed I dought anyone with a stock car could get under 9, and tbh the 0-60 time imo is not a very good performance figure, i'd say to focus more on the 0-100 time if the 1/4 can not be found. And btw the 0-100 is pathetic! nearly 30 seconds which is pretty bad seeing as it takes another 21 seconds from 60-100!

·
MUGEN POWER
11,372 Posts
Drippy D said:
9.2 is the best i've managed I dought anyone with a stock car could get under 9, and tbh the 0-60 time imo is not a very good performance figure, i'd say to focus more on the 0-100 time if the 1/4 can not be found. And btw the 0-100 is pathetic! nearly 30 seconds which is pretty bad seeing as it takes another 21 seconds from 60-100!
i'd be excpectin 24 secs ish for a std coop to reach 100mph;)

·
cristo
2,776 Posts
my 0-60's range from 8.95 sec (15" wheels in winter 38 deg F)
to 9.75 sec (16" wheels, full tank summer 78 deg F).

If my physics is correct, 0-60 off a cliff should be about 2.73 seconds
assuming a clean instant drop and no air resistance.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
About this Discussion
72 Replies
21 Participants
KlausR
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing