MINI Cooper Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi there mate!!!

Sounds very good...:biggrin:

As i previously asked in another thread...do you think the clutch will hold, with those values?

·
Mini2 Virgin
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi there mate!!!

Sounds very good...:biggrin:

As i previously asked in another thread...do you think the clutch will hold, with those values?

As I understand it - the biggest problem for Clutches is in 1st and 2nd gear - and these still have torque limiters in action to reduce the threat of failure.

Personally, my clutch control is Sh*t so I don;t expect it to last beyond 30,000 miles anyway......I've spent the last 8 years in Automatics !!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not the only problemas i'm afraid.. usually the ripreses are the most worrying thing..

To put yout foot down in 5th and 6th at low rpm's for instance..

·
Clubman D
1,365 Posts
OK - had a silly day today....

Went to work in super-duper-eco mode (motorway, 60mph, cruise control)....12 miles later when I got off motorway computer said 88.9mpg - WOW !!!

Came home in super-sporty-fun mode (country lanes, XXmph, sport button on).....19 miles later computer said 48mpg...but WHAT A HOOT 4th GEAR IS !!!!! 40-95mph it just pulls and pulls and pulls.

So now I have 2 cars in one !!

Sounds good, got me wanting a re-map now!! By the way, is your avatar a Class 40?

·
Mini2 Virgin
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Sounds good, got me wanting a re-map now!! By the way, is your avatar a Class 40?

If Mini offered a 135hp version, that was quicker and more economical for just £300 extra ......everyone would buy one.

But they don't - so the remap is the next best choice.

I always buy a lower powered version of a car, save some cash and remap it. My last car (VW Touareg) bought the 2.5TDI and remapped it to the 3.0TDI's performance, and saved £000's in the process.

Re: Avatar anorak moment.....Much as I like whistling class 40's, their 2000hp just doesn't compare to a 3300hp Deltic with 2 engines !!! (Deltic 3 was 'MELD')....zzzzzz

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where do you learn how to do remaps? Where i live this is not so common and it would an investment for me too learn.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts