MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
My fist post in this forum. I have a late 2010 Mini Cooper 1.6D manual gear with a very strange issue. I've had it at Mini for check but no success. New oil and filter last week, changed Mass Air Flow sensor and also changes gas pedal.

• Problem appears between 1200-2000 rpm is my feeling
  • At calm and even speed slightly uphill, it jerks every other second
  • At speeds between 20-130 km/h, I can feel that it accelerates on off every other second. I slowly go back and forth in the seat
  • After roughly 15-20 minutes of driving I loose power at redlights or roundabouts, need to get above 2000 rpm
  • On Cruise control at 70-80 km/h, I loose speed uphill, basically just drop to 70, 60, 50 before I change gear and get rpm up
  • Loose power, feels like turbo is not working

Any idea what to check next? I love the car and will add a KCR kit to get more power once this is solved.
Regards Torbjörn

· Registered
13,579 Posts
first off did you fit a genuine branded flow meter if not and was a ebay special or europarts special cheapy one change it to one that is for the car, we map a lot of cars and always find cheap sensors cause some really big issues, cannot fit not makers maf or boost controller or map or 02 sensors,
if all above is correct then need to scan the car see what the dpf is doing, after that see what timing chain is reading on position sensors in software you have the N47 diesel and timing chain stretch by 80.000 miles ish if have any rattle on cold start up dont run it chain replaced asap if dont its a good £3K bill at least if snaps

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx Mike for quick reply, sensor is a Bosch and the yellow engine light disappeared directly after I swapped it.

Forgot to write that the car is 65000 km so not close to 80000 miles, but dpf and and timing chain might be worth checking.

/Torbjörn

· Registered
13,579 Posts
65000km is 37.2823 miles its possible for egr failure or carbon'd up from short trips and dpf same way from short trips have see them with 30,000 miles on them before with dpf totally blocked up and would not regen it self even through forcing regen on it, ie cars that drive around low revs all day long and do 5 miles from cold to hot a every day say, good to see your putting good genuine parts on it have had many issues along the way with some parts branded Bosch and not stamped on the item it self just in a Bosch box as such,, had a cooper d recently that fell fould of that caused a lot of aggro finding the issues with it as everything should sort of what if should show no warnings just that two cheapy sensors were reading 30% lower than should of done, that car went to many garages and mini agents and they could not fix it,, we had for to long and sorted it finally,
below link is prob the best diagnostics tool you can buy for any car its so worth owning garage level will encode stuff and works with all ecu's abs bcm mev17.4 asc etc does so much and the live data will help you find the issues with it, and you could screen shot the live data on here and can give you my best guess at it where to start etc, plus you can force dpf regens with it and look see the percentage of soot and when last regen etc,,
without this or dealer scan tool its impossible to start working it out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.