MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys!
just a general thought that keeps popping up in my head,

thinking of getting rid of my 52 cooper in the near futur and thinking of upgrading to a cooper s
the question is has anyone on here changed to a cooper s and regreted it? if so why?
cheers in advance!
Andy

·
Registered
92 Posts
The only thing I can really see being an issue is the cost of "upgrading" and the reduced MPG you're going to get. If you've got the financial bases covered then I don't see why anyone would regret the change :)

·
Where does that road go?
12,574 Posts
The only thing I can really see being an issue is the cost of "upgrading" and the reduced MPG you're going to get. If you've got the financial bases covered then I don't see why anyone would regret the change :)
The MPG will only be reduced if he's upgrading to an R53 (supercharged) Cooper S. The R56 (turbocharged) Cooper S seems to be more economical than the old R50 Cooper. ;)

I made the move from 52 plate Cooper to 56 plate R53 Cooper S back in March. The driving feel is quite different between the two. Obviously the S has more power but this also makes you a much lazier driver. The Cooper is certainly more involving to drive in my opinion. As much as I do still miss the Cooper occasionally, I know I've made the right choice. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts